Swarm is the best way to keep track of the places you go. From the new café downtown to that killer ramen spot in Tokyo, you’ll never ask “what was the name of that place?” again. Whether you love to be a local, or are trying to travel the globe, check in so you can remember everywhere with Swarm.
• This is lifelogging made easy. Each time you check in we’ll add a pin your personal map so you can look back on the places you visit. Help out your future self by adding a photo or a note to your check-ins to make the memories all the better.
• Indian Restaurant? Check. Karaoke bar? Check. Haven’t been to an Art Museum yet? Now’s your chance to go somewhere new! Explore more and collect different types of places. You’ll earn fun Stickers along the way.
• Whether it’s your 10th week in a row at the gym, first time to Canada, or the 25th time you’ve gotten ice cream with your BFF, the more you check in, the more helpful insights you’ll get about your habits and explorations.
*A note on battery. We’ve spent *years* developing the location technology that powers Foursquare Swarm, making it extremely power efficient. But, as with all apps of this type, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Hey Swarm users, we’re buzzin’ about some exciting updates to share with you today - say hello to Swarm 6.0!
Here’s a look at what’s new:
## All-new Check-in and Place Pages
We’ve updated check-in pages to showcase more info about you and your friends’ check-in. That means a better experience for browsing and uploading photos and an easier way to learn about all those rad places your friends are checking into.
We’ve revamped the place pages in Swarm to include helpful info like photos, tips and ratings from your buddies, top things to try, and a whole lot more…
## Saved Places
So that restaurant your friend checked into looks reallll good. If only you could save it to remember to go later...oh wait...NOW YOU CAN.
- Save any place you want to go from our all-new place pages
- Browse your saved places directly from the re-built Swarm map
- Check out your friends’ saved places on their profiles
- Best of all, your saved places are kept in sync with Foursquare City Guide
## Ratings and Tips
Alright, that burrito place you just tried was TOO good. You’ve gotta tell everyone about it.
So we’ve made it really quick and easy to rate a place you’ve been and leave a tip for your buddies - right from your check-in. It’s a helpful reminder for you and inspires your friends to discover the best places you go. Win. Win.
As always, thank you for using Swarm! We’re genuinely inspired by our passionate users who continue to explore the world around them and check in on Swarm.
We hope you love these updates as much as we do!
Ratings and Reviews
Both really fun and really useful
My favourite app! Swarm nails the perfect balance between utility and fun - they’ve really nailed the check-in experience.
Firstly, as a life-logging tool, Swarm is a fantastic way to keep track all the places you go, and every check-in helps improve your recommendations in the Foursquare app.
Secondly, the check-in game of stickers, mayorships and coins, is surprisingly fun and addictive, especially when competing with friends around the world.
Many apps let you check in places, but only Swarm gives you something genuinely useful for doing so. I love the stats highlighting where you've been over the last few months, and the ability to easily search your check-in history to, for example, find the name of a great restaurant you went to.
It took time, but Swarm is now way more fun than classic Foursquare was, and it's continuing to improve with frequent updates. The only thing I wish they would include is a way to see a venue's tips within Swarm after check-in, as well as being able to submit tips from within Swarm. It would avoid that annoying and unnecessary jump to the Foursquare app after check-in.
If you loved classic Foursquare, you’ll find Swarm a return to form, and for new users, there’s never been a better time to join. :)
Please Improve Notifications
Hey guys. Thank you for making me return to Foursquare and 'Swarm' after a three year hiatus. The reason is obvious. Both the informative and entertaining aspects pertaining to each app have been improved tremendously and I am grateful for that.
Could you please look into the notifications section in 'Swarm'? Personal messages sometimes get side-tracked or ignored because they are all combined in one window. I like the fact that new friend requests sit on top of the pane as well as in the notifications wall. And I don't mind the fact that the messages history disappears after a few days. But I do mind that personal messages are not separated with general notification messages.
Please consider changing this in a future upgrade. Thank you all for your hard work and continuous improvement of the two apps!
Long term addict
I've been swarming since before it was spun out from Foursquare and have been playing daily for nearly 8 years! By gamifying visits it keeps me active and helps me remember where I've been. Plus the social aspect helps my friends know where I am so that they can join me down the pub etc.
I have lots of love for Swarm, it's come a long way in all these years and is a must-have app for explorers, socialites and people who like to monitor their routine alike.
- Foursquare Labs, Inc.
- 152.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © foursquare
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.