By Winston Rast
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track swim times with the PREMIERE app for tracking times-Swim Log! No more paper and pencil or fancy spreadsheets. Entering your times in Swim Log is fast and easy. Compare your times to national, regional, and local time standards in your area!
- Multiple swimmer support
- USA Swimming Age Group Motivational time standards (FREE!)
- OVER 100 local time standards for USA, UK, and other countries available (more being added regularly!)
- Aging up just before the big meet? No problem! Display cuts based on any date you choose
- Short-course and long-course tracking
- Quickly view all your best times from every event
- View every time you have in an event to see how you are (or aren't) improving
- GRAPH your event times
- Landscape and portrait view modes. NOTE: Use portrait to add event times.
- View your times against purchased time standards (not just the next cut).
- Support for time standards for "masters" swimmers
- BUMP (transfer) your logs to another device! Keep multiple devices in sync with a BUMP!
- Email all or only best times for any one or all swimmers
- Super fast entry of event times with smart default values
- View and edit your event times with NO network connection needed
*** An Apple featured app in "Fitness made fun with iPod and iPod gear." ***
- Includes male and female and all appropriate age groups!
- USA Age Group Motivational (AAAA,AAA,AA,A,BB,B)
- USA National, Junior National, Masters, and YMCA
- USA Speedo Champions Series Sectionals
- USA Eastern, Southern, Central, and Western Zones
- USA Eastern LSCs: Adirondack, Connecticut, Metropolitan, Middle Atlantic, New England, New Jersey, Niagara, Potomac Valley, Virginia
- USA Southern LSCs: FL Gold Coast, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, Southeastern, Texas, Gulf
- USA Central LSCs: Arkansas, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Lake Erie, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Wisconsin
- USA Western LSCs: Arizona, Southern California, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, Pacific, Pacific Northwest, San Diego-Imperial, Snake River
- UK National and Regional
- Australia National
- Canadian National, SNC, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario
- MORE released on a regular basis
*** 2012 Time Standards coming soon! ***
"App is totally awesome for anybody in age group swimming. Great job! Now you're costing me $300 to get a new phone after my wife saw that, but it beats having psych sheets laying around after a meet." -- Rob, parent
"I really like it because it lets me have all my swimmers BEST and Available times right there in my hand. You have done a great job!" -- Steve, coach
"Thank you for the app… just got an iPod Touch and love it, especially with 4 boys year round USA Swimming. Recommend Swim Log to everyone on the team so far…. Thanks and keep up the good work!" -- Matt, parent
Future updates are based on YOUR input! Tell us what you'd like to see next!
What's New in Version 4.3.1
- New "default date" option for entering new times
- Swapped + and Edit buttons
- Added + button on graph
- Updated bump graphics
- New "bundles" of time standards now supported - 2012 coming soon!
- Fixed bug causing app to crash for some non-US users
Almost a great App
Once you've gone through the very boring, timely & tedious chore of entering your swimmers previous times, pre-app, it's easy to keep adding events as and when they are swum. As you don't have to do this, it was my personal choice to do so, I can't moan about that. The app is great at highlighting pb's so you can grab them at a glance & the graph is great at helping you understand how they are progressing in certain events. My only moan is having to wait for UK times, long after they have been released, and never getting a response when you email the support team. Overall it's well worth the money.
A good tool but lacks UK times.
I used to like this app, and even recommended. They have however let down all UK customers by not adding time standards for 2012. Despite I sent emails (as suggested) and with links to where to get them. Not only irresponsive vendor, but the app would not let you add your own time standards neither.
Apart from that, It is simple and straight forward to use. Keeps swim time logs and allows me to exchange times with my children using Bump.
Would be even better to be able to see the same data on the web and being able to upload times and share them with your friends.
Good but no UK times
As per the previous reviews, this is a good app but for some reason the 2012 UK times are not included (US, Canada and Aus are all fine). Please note that you can still purchase the 2011 times but they will only apply to that year (I had hoped that they would at least give something to gauge the 2012 times achieved so far, a bit naively it seems). It would be interesting to know why the UK has been singled out but I guess the developers are in no mood for saying!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 20 September 2011
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Winston Rast
- © 2011 YourSwim.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 2011 ASA Age Group/Youth Championships£0.79
- 2011 Age Group & Youth Championship £0.79
- 2011 Youth & BAGCAT Championships£0.79
- 2011 East Region Championships£0.79
- 2011 South West BAGCAT£0.79
- 2011 South West Youth£0.79
- 2011 Northwest AG/Youth Championships£0.79
- 2011 Northeast Regional£0.79
- 2011 London BAGCAT/Youth£0.79
- 2012 Olympic Trials£0.79