Switching Energy is a new approach to helping people find information about energy for the home and business. Founded by marketplace experts who have worked across the UK energy market, we offer unrivalled market experience that we will use to help you improve your understanding of energy and make more informed decisions.
We recognise that the Internet is awash with information on the subject of energy, but equally we have identified that navigating it can be difficult. So we decided we’d deliver a market leading comparison service and now offer this via simple to use energy comparison app.
The Switching Energy app lets you:
Compare – enter a few details about your current supplier and compare your current tariff against the rest of the market.
Switch – fill in a few additional details to switch to your chosen supplier.
Save – save money with lower payments on your energy bills.
All this is done in the energy price comparison app with no need to bounce in and out of websites.
The Switching Energy app gives you:
A full overview of the entire market – we don’t only show you certain suppliers that we’re “friends” with.
Instant quotes – no need to wait for an email to land in your inbox with all the information.
Alerts – don’t want to switch right now? No problem, sign up to our alert service and we’ll be in touch when you current deal is about to end.
Most importantly our gas and electricity comparison service is free. Switching Energy earn a small fee from the energy supplier you ultimately choose to switch to.
Sounds good, what do I need to get started?
- Latest bill from your current supplier(s) for both electricity and gas.
- A rough idea of either: how much you pay per year in total for your electricity needs, or the total KWh’s (more on these later) you’ve used in the previous 12 months.
- A rough idea of either: how much you pay per year in total for your gas needs, or the total KWh’s (more on these later) you’ve used in the previous 12 months.
- Don‘t worry though, we can still compare energy prices for you without these details, but having them to hand will likely provide you with a more accurate view of your bills going forward.
- A view on your preferred method of payment – this often determines the type of energy tariff a supplier will offer you and as a general rule paying by Direct Debit gives you the widest range of options.
- Your postcode
- An email address for correspondence
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.