Sylheti Kitab is a FREE app for Sylhetis - making some of Allah's holy books available to you on your smartphone in your own Sylheti language!
Read the accounts of Prophets Adam, Ibrahim, Yusuf, and Musa (a) in the the Holy Tawrat, and read about the life and teachings of Isa al-Masih in the the Holy Injil.
LANGUAGE & SCRIPT
- Sylheti language translation available in 3 scripts (Bengali, Sylheti Nagri, Roman)
- An Arabic translation of each book is also available
- Audio is currently available for each book of the Holy Injil
- Phrase by phrase text highlighting during audio playback
- Slow down or speed up audio playback from 0.4x to 1.6x
- Read any language or script in single pane view
- Compare any 2 languages or scripts in dual pane view
- Compare any 3 langauges or scripts in verse-by-verse view
TEXT SIZE & COLORS
- Change size of text with popup or pinch and zoom
- Choose color theme: light, dark and sepia
STUDY & SHARE
- Search for instances of specific words in any language/script across all books
- Hightlight and/or bookmark verses that you want to remember
- Make your own notes on any verse/verses for future reference
- Copy text and share via message, email, or social media
(NB. This feature will not work correctly when copying and sharing the Sylheti Nagri text outside of the app unless the user has the Surma-L font installed on the receiving OS or device.)
Bugs fixed in 1.0.1
- Arabic books were not displaying right-to-left in grid of book abbreviations.
- Character spacing in the headings in Bengali and Sylheti Nagri scripts was too great causing words to split apart.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.