t Chess Lite
By Tom Kerrigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, Retina displays, and all of Apple's display sizes.
tChess Lite is the popular chess game designed just for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. tChess is like a virtual chess board on your device. It's fun and easy to use--perfect for the casual player!
This game features a very clean UI design and beautiful graphics. tChess is a fast and stable program. Pick up a game in your free time... and there's no problem listening to your music while you play.
(tChess Lite is a fully-functional version of tChess for casual chess players. If you're an active player and want enthusiast-level features, take a look at tChess Pro, which is over 1000 ELO stronger and has received rave reviews from Grandmaster Susan Polgar, PE's Chess Cast, and iPhone app critics.)
tChess Lite Features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games (on the same device, no network connection required)
- Tap-tap to move pieces
- Highlights legal moves
- View full game history in the Move List
- Go back or forward move by move and replay completed games
- Built-in chess clock
- "Get hint" feature to improve your game
- Easy to undo moves
- Saves your game automatically if you exit the program or take a call
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 1200
- Computer opponent is the most fun and realistic for beginners and casual players
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games and track your progress
- Over 15,000 openings for fresh, varied games
tChess Lite is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
What's New in Version 1.8.3
- Native support for the iPhone 6/6+ screen resolutions
- New "Benchmark" feature: measure your iOS device's performance
- Optional "New game" toolbar button
Used to really like this app but it is now only good for single player vs computer.
Online gamecentre is now impossible. Constantly crashes app, crashes gamecentre, useless.
I hope this can be fixed as I play a lot with friends around Europe, but now this is impossible.
Today after 2.5hrs of checking various settings on iPad, in game settings, gamecentre settings, friends device settings (etc, etc) we had to give up.
Wish I could give more stars as I like the game and was a big fan of the App, but online player mode is now a major dissapointment.
Avoid until bugs are fixed !!!
Excellent way to teach yourself how to play chess. Only downside is the hint function can make you feel really stupid!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 04 August 2015
- Version: 1.8.3
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Developer: Tom Kerrigan
- © Tom Kerrigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.