t Chess Lite
By Tom Kerrigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and the iPhone 5's 4" display.
tChess Lite is the popular chess game designed just for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. tChess is like a virtual chess board on your device. It's fun and easy to use--perfect for the casual player!
This game features a very clean UI design and beautiful graphics. tChess is a fast and stable program. Pick up a game in your free time... and there's no problem listening to your music while you play.
(tChess Lite is a fully-functional version of tChess for casual chess players. If you're an active player and want enthusiast-level features, take a look at tChess Pro, which is over 1000 ELO stronger and has received rave reviews from Grandmaster Susan Polgar, PE's Chess Cast, and iPhone app critics.)
tChess Lite Features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games (on the same device, no network connection required)
- Tap-tap to move pieces
- Highlights legal moves
- View full game history in the Move List
- Go back or forward move by move and replay completed games
- Built-in chess clock
- "Get hint" feature to improve your game
- Easy to undo moves
- Saves your game automatically if you exit the program or take a call
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 1200
- Computer opponent is the most fun and realistic for beginners and casual players
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games and track your progress
- Over 15,000 openings for fresh, varied games
tChess Lite is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
What's New in Version 1.8.2
- New “Toolbar buttons” feature allows you to customize the main toolbar
- New (optional) Game Center toolbar button allows you to quickly access the list of turn-based Game Center games
- Fixed a bug that was causing Profile information to be deleted in some cases
- Fixed a bug that was causing tChess to crash in some cases when submitting Game Center moves
Solid, reliable, enjoyable. This app has seen me through commuting, shopping.....etc simple to use with features available to assist novice players such as highlighting illegal moves. Linked to the games centre, when you get board of losing to the computer you can lose to someone in China!
Excellent app for anybody who is leaning chess. I really like the hint opinion, if helps if you're struggling to move. It's very easy to play and understand. You can play when at home or in a lunch break, even when commuting on a journey. I highly recommend this chess app.
Not great...deleting and buying another
Computer never resigns and most irritating declares stalemate when you can beat it ! Has just done it with me having 3 Queens and computer only has King ! it has done this several times and that's it game is over, guaranteed to greatly annoy....Game is functional at best.....done it again.... Well and truly beaten...down to a king and pawn and it declares a draw..... Poor
- Category: Games
- Updated: 03 December 2013
- Version: 1.8.2
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Developer: Tom Kerrigan
- © Tom Kerrigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.