t Chess Pro
By Tom Kerrigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, iCloud, AirPrint, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and every Apple display size.
tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
What's New in Version 1.8.3
- New "Analyze Game" feature: see an overview of the entire game in seconds
- Native support for the iPhone 6/6+ screen resolutions
- New "Benchmark" feature: measure your iOS device's performance
- Optional "Revert" toolbar button
- Optional "New game" toolbar button
Terrific fun. Or deeply cerebral. Or both…
And that's just the game which this app enables one to enjoy anytime anywhere, conveniently, and in a visually appealing way, with great user interaction, and a very good program.
I checked out a dozen chess apps before settling on this one and it has never ever let me down.
A winner in my book
This is a fantastic chess app. I just would like to see support for landscape on the 6 plus range of phones, especially for the 3D board (which is incredible)
Best chess app, I've come across
I have been using the free version of this app and decided to buy the full version to support the developer. It's worth it ,
- Category: Games
- Updated: 04 August 2015
- Version: 1.8.3
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Developer: Tom Kerrigan
- © Tom Kerrigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.