By Patrick Davis Systems Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Tagalot Cards is a homage to a small item of computing history, the 80-column card hand punch. Check out all the features below, as it can be used for promotional purposes or to send secret messages. Tagalot Card JPG images contain code tables and punch "holes" as "metadata" encoded with the image data, so cards can be used to send and receive hidden messages, with image options to hide the visual message.
Impress the world with your concise words of wisdom, 80 characters max, maybe with your best panorama shots as a card background ! Send by email or to your social media contacts.
Try your hand at "punching" your message using the code table, or create your cards faster by just typing your message in the card edit option.
Use this app to create a promotional message for your business, as a blast from the past!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with "CARD" in the subject and we will send you a sample card.
Give students a taste of hands-on computer history or delve into metadata, encryption and steganography with hidden messages, cryptic punch code tables and secure cards!
* Create and send card-image messages “punched” on the displayed key-pad. Key combinations are used to punch each character. Use the Codes button on the key-pad view for a table of key combinations.
* Type your message. If punching a card is not your thing, simply type your message in the card edit option, where you can also change colours, other settings and add an image.
* Cards can be set to hide a message, and you can encrypt your messages by creating custom code tables (up to 5 "holes" for each character in a cryptic code table). Don't try "punching" codes from a cryptic code table!
* Share a photo or use a promotional image as a card background. Panorama photos work well! Images below 100px in width or height get tiled over the card.
* In addition to the card message, add a "wash" (semi-transparent) text over the card, with up to two lines of large text, and a single line of smaller text below.
* Send and receive Tagalot Cards with hidden and encrypted messages. Cards set with the secure option have no decode tables included; for these cards a code table is exported separately to your recipients, either as a Tagalot Table Card (from the table edit view) or in a text format for manual entry.
* Export your card with a border to fit the Instagram 1080 x 566 format
* Export your card as a GIF animated image, which punches and types your message across the top of the card
* Export the punch card gif as a mp4 video, e.g., some social media posts accept videos but not gifs.
* Use the Card Edit view to change the contents of the card image, hide a message, add your own image to the card, edit the wash text, select export/share formats and change colours.
There is guide text available on the app views and more details at www.tagalot.biz There is plenty of information on the web for the history of the 80-column punched card and punch machines.
The following are the main sources we used in the development of this app:
Doug Jones' Punched Card Codes - http://homepage.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/cards/codes.html
Wikipedia - 80-col Hand Punch Image - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keypunch ( Image used under the Creative Commons licence - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0 )
Background images of chad: By Marcin Wichary - Flickr: , CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=17397435
('Chad' are the small punched-out rectangular pieces from cards or circular pieces from paper tape.)
Tagalot software: www.tagalot.biz
Tagalot apps developed by PD Systems Ltd
Contact email@example.com for more information.
PD Systems Ltd, October 2016
What's New in Version 1.4
Release notes and more app details at http://www.pdsystems.co.uk/apps/cards
Export a Tagalot Card as a social media-friendly gif video
Change colour of card and card background.
Wash text messages and colour settings retained between app starts.
Fixed bugs in code table view and card import.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 17 May 2017
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 41.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Patrick Davis Systems Ltd
- © 2016 Patrick Davis Systems Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.