Tango Remote with Up Next Queue
By Blue Atlas Technology, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Hosted a party last night and used Tango Remote to control the music on my iPod Touch. Saved me from running back and forth to the stereo all night, plus I was able to remotely queue up song requests. It was the hit of the party. I highly recommend."
“Finally--a remote that does what a simple remote should do. Remote works great. Allows me to control iPad music--song selection, volume, pause/play, skip/repeat--from my iPhone. It's handy, especially when working around the house”
“Exactly what I was looking for! After countless research I finally decided to give this a try. It does exactly what it says it will. I have complete access to my iPad 2's music library from my iPhone 4s. I can control my iPad (which is hooked up to my outside stereo) from anywhere in my yard.... Even with a weak wifi signal.”
“Excellent. Works flawlessly, great for playing music from your iPad or any iOS device remotely. Great job developers. You did something Apples Remote app should be capable of by default.”
“Great remote app. This app, after constant searching, is one of the best remote control apps to use between my iPad and iPod touch. I plug my iPod into my home media and use my iPad (to play and queue songs) wirelessly on my network. Amazingly well structured app 5/5 stars! Nice work guys!”
“Outstanding app! I thought "someone should make an app that does this." Then I looked and there it was! Tango. Works exactly like was thinking it should. Best app on my phone (and iPad).”
“Must have. Remote songs and volume from the patio and never get up. Works just fine via the stereo system. Way cool.”
“In a word it's PERFECT!"
What's missing from Apple's Music App? An "Up Next" List and Remote Control of your iOS music! Tango Remote is a great way to remote control your iPod Music Library playing on your iOS devices. Connect one device to a stereo or TV and use another to play, pause, skip, adjust volume and more. Stop walking across the room!
Remote Control Features...
- Control your iPod music library remotely.
- Up Next list with full editing.
- Control volume on Pandora, Spotify, most 3rd party audio apps.
- Control iTunes Radio (volume, skip, play/pause only)
- Display camera roll videos on your TV via Apple TV or TV-out (see note below).
- Search artist, song title, album or genre
- Password protection
- Support for Gapless Albums.
- Supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Listen to iTunes playlists one after the other
- Create a remote playlist on the fly
- Audio and video scrubbing
- iPad and iPhone versions
Featured in “New and Noteworthy," "What’s Hot" and the top 25 Music apps.
Tango Remote lets you remotely control another iOS device that's playing your iPod music library, or iTunes Radio (volume, skip, play/pause only). You can even remotely control the volume of most 3rd party audio apps like Pandora or Spotify. (We have a remote App for Spotify called SpotQueue.)
Buy once and install on all your devices at no additional cost by using the same Apple ID!
- Tango does not currently support iTunes Home Sharing. Please disable Home Sharing in the Music App before using Tango.
- When controlling iTunes Radio you may only change the volume, skip songs (up to the limit), pause and play. Selecting the station is not currently supported. When controlling Pandora, Spotify or other audio apps you may only control the volume.
- Tango cannot play movies or TV Shows purchased via iTunes.
What are waiting for? Grab your own Tango Remote and enjoy your music and videos untethered. Click Buy App now to experience the freedom.
What's New in Version 8.3
Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Don't be alarmed by the price
This is exactly what you're looking for. If like me you have an iPad or other Apple device connected to your stero, possibly by AV cable or headphone jack. I wanted to change, skip music etc without having to do it on the iPad.
This bad boy app does just that, by letting me control all music via my iPhone 5.
The set up was simple, make sure both devices are connected via Bluetooth or share the same Wifi connection . Use your phone as the remote and the iPad as the media player, I can access all the music via my home from anywhere in the house = heaven , well done you beautiful people!
Does exactly what it should do- I can play back music stored on my iphone4s from my ipad 2. Perfect music server using the bits already in the house.
Just remember to power off / power on your ios devices after you've downloaded the app.
Good app shame about the iTunes video limitation
Bought this app to control my sons ipad in the back of the car from my iPhone in the front. Perfect for that if you don't have video content from iTunes!
Shame as otherwise this would be perfect for my use case but this is a pretty big limitation for me hence 3 stars. Fix this and it would have 5.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 22 January 2015
- Version: 8.3
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Blue Atlas Technology, LLC
- © 2009-2014 Blue Atlas Technology, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.