TapTapSee - Blind & Visually Impaired Camera
By CamFind Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their daily lives.
Simply double tap the screen to take a photo of anything, at any angle, and hear the app speak the identification back to you (Note: Spoken identification requires VoiceOver to be turned on).
TapTapSee helps the blind and visually impaired become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has been a huge hit with users taking thousands of pictures per-day. It has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback within the community.
● American Foundation for the Blind 2014 Access Award Recipient ●
● Named App of the Month by RNIB in March, 2013 ●
● Inductee of AppleVis iOS Hall of Fame ●
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
* Rotor reader
* Flash toggle
* Auto-focus notification
* Identify images from your Camera Roll
* Repeat last image identification
* Share identification via text, email, or social media
* Barcode reader
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
Follow on Twitter @TapTapSee or LIKE on Facebook.com/TapTapSeeApp
What's New in Version 3.1.0
TapTapSee is now free for unlimited use
Really brilliantly accurate, was sceptical that it would work but haven't found a failed image yet
This app is great if you are blind or VI.
Along with the OCR apps on my phone, Tap tap see is amazing. Put it this way, if tap tap see becomes a payed app again, I'll pay for it.
I'd strongly recommend this app as an essential to anyone who has a Visual Impairment
It's one of the things that I've always wanted on my iPhone
If you are unsure on whether to Download it or not
Just try it
You'll understand why I've said that afterwards
Thank you so much
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 18 February 2016
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: CamFind Inc.
- © CamFind Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.