Master typing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch!
~~~ Free: the TapTyping Speed Test and samples of all of lessons. There's a one time In-App-Purchase to unlock everything. ~~~
TapTyping is made for you, no matter what your skill level!
~ Total beginner? You will become a capable typist after just a few introductory lessons.
~ Already decent? Watch your typing speed increase by around 10 words per minute in less than an hour.
~ Typing pro? Prove it with high scores on our advanced lessons. Can you top 60 WPM? 80 WPM? 100 WPM?
See a heat map of where you fingers hit the iPad on-screen keyboard and find where you are making your mistakes.
Watch an Instant Replay of each page you type to see where you're landing your hits and misses.
Go for high scores on TapTyping's global leaderboard against other iOS users.
TapTyping is fully compatible with external and bluetooth keyboards.
TapTyping offers following courses:
~ iPhone/iPad Crash Course: quick overview with must have information for new iOS users
~ Beginner: Learn to quickly reach the primary keys (a-z)
~ Intermediate: Capitalization, punctuation, numbers
~ Advanced: difficult tapping patterns, complicated sentences and symbols
~ Special courses: Alice's Adventures In Wonderland (chapters 1 & 2), US History, Inspirational Quotes, Romeo & Juliet
The speed test is free for unlimited use and each sample may be typed once. All other material is available via In-App-Purchase.
We love hearing from you! Get in touch with us: email@example.com
~ Percent complete now shown accurately for lessons completed more than twice.
~ Fixed Statistics not available unless you’ve completed a Typing Test (even if you’ve completed a lesson).
~ Fixed Problem Keys tracked incorrectly. Bad Problem Key data has been cleared.
~ Fix crash on iOS 9 when trying to view Instant Replays.
~ Brand new simplified User Interface.
~ Fixes heat map on iPad Pro 12.9”.
~ Fixes instant replays not working on some devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for practising typing on iPad screen.
I had originally given TapTyping a 3 star review as there seemed to be a couple of minor issues with tracking and results with the previous version.
Thanks to the developer for responding to my review and for fixing the issues that I wrote about!
I have no excuses for not typing a little bit faster now 😂
Hey BRINGITONDOWN, great feedback. Taking it point by point:
1) I'll double check that 'Problem Keys' are getting logged correctly. It may be an issue with the reporting, rather that with the tracking (since the tracking is pretty straightforward). Not sure, but I'm pretty sure this is working as expected, will confirm.
2) The '0% redone' text should only appear once you've started a lesson for the second time and completed at least a single page. The fact that it says 0% means that this is definitely a bug. I've logged it and will address it in the next version! thanks 👊
3) Currently there are around 500 sentences of similar typing difficulty included as options for speed tests, but it is understandable that some repeats will show after a while. I'll look into adding more possibilities soon, but perhaps not in the next release.
Feel free to shoot me a line if you'd like to chat more: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exactly what I wanted. Contains texts in which you have to write, it gives you your accuracy and statistics about how to improve.
It enables you to achieve “advanced typer”. I recommend this to all who wish to type more rapidly.
Needs more quotes and modes
The speedtest passages are a little receptive at times. As someone else mentioned, it would be good if there was a mode where you could focus typing on the words which you fail at such to increase your typing ability.
This app has helped me type faster though and for that I recommended the in app purchase of £3.99
- Flairify LLC
- 37.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Flairify LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Curriculum £3.99
- Full Curriculum (iPad) £3.99
- iPad Beginner Course £1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.