Scan. Analyse. Improve.
TargetScan is a specifically designed application for scoring your cards. This innovative tool will not only calculate the score but also analyse your shooting group providing essential statistics that will enable continuous improvement.
• Instant score (with inner tens and decimal scoring)
• Automatic pattern and shots recognition
• Eagle Eye for inspection of close shots (you can refine the shot location)
• Near-scoring gauge accuracy (0.2÷0.5 mm depending on the bullet profile)
SHOOTING GROUP ANALYSIS
• Mean Point of Impact (MPI) – the centre of the group: windage and elevation
• Mean Radius, Extreme Spread – to measure your grouping
• Summary Target Plot with all shots in the session
• Potential Score – check how many points you could gain by bringing the group to the centre
• Print a detailed session report straight from your iPhone using AirPrint
• Email session summary with the pdf report attached
• Post to Facebook and Twitter
• Keep track of all your sessions and monitor progress
• Add notes to your sessions and empty your drawer – you will always be able to review past results
PRO UPGRADE (In-App purchase)
• Data export to CSV file
• Heat map showing error patterns over longer periods of time
• Charts showing score, group parameters for multiple sessions
"A great tool for getting people to see their shot fall and make adjustments. Good fun as well."
– S7evie P, NSRA Club Instructor, UK
"This is without a doubt the best shooting app I've used and I will continue to use. Best value for money as well, you get all the benefits of a fully blown professional training system for a tiny fraction of the price."
– Dusan Jakic, Slovenia
"This app has helped bring our shooters' scores from embarrassing to respectable in just a few short weeks."
– North of 68, Couch, Canada's Arctic
"This App has helped me identify my shooting patterns and is a great tool. It has revitalised my enthusiasm in the sport. Love it."
– FridayB111, Australia
TargetScan supports over 160 disciplines, including:
Air Pistol (4.5mm):
・NSRA 6yd (Air 8)
・NSRA 10m (Air 4/89)
・NSRA 10m - Rapid Fire (Air 10/97)
Air Rifle (4.5mm):
・NSRA 6yd (Air 7)
・NSRA 10m (Air 1/89, Air 2/89, Air 3/89)
Pistol (.22", 9mm, .32/.38/.45 ACP SWC):
・NSRA 20yd - (PL12, PL14, PL15)
・NSRA 15/20/25yd - prone (1510/2010/2510 B.M./89)
・NSRA 50yd (M.M. 8)
・NSRA 50m (M.M. 13/89)
For a full list please go to https://targetshootingapp.com/wiki/Supported_disciplines/
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at email@example.com
Analyse your old targets today and see your performance improve immediately!
• You can now restore data backup even if it has been created on another platform
• New folders are added at the top of the list
• Add new BDS 50/100m Rifle target (No. 18, Germany)
• Add NSRA 25m Rifle prone target (25M10, UK)
Ratings and Reviews
Works really well
I saw this software used by my daughter's coaches. Having downloaded it to track her progress and my own (mainly 25 yard targets), the software is easy to set up for two shooters and to scan targets using the iPad and iPhone cameras. For some close groups (50m cards), you may need to retake the image 2 or 3 times. However, the software capture is usually very accurate on the first take.
The tracked session groups and the elevation and windage measurements are all great to help to help correct sights and position.
I bought the additional software to support multiple sessions. This is a great piece of kit to support any novice, club or national shooter.
Developer Response ,
It's great to hear you find the App helpful. For close groups it usually faster to move shots incorrectly identified on the preview rather than scan the target again: http://targetshootingapp.com/wiki/Editing_shot_location
Great app, use it all the time
Use this for 10m Air Pistol and it usually picks everything up correctly +/- 1 point. Great to be able to track shooting scores averages etc over longer periods of time.
Recent updates have improved speed of shot detection and the accuracy, which were well needed. I've finally discovered the best placement feature for total score if the group was moved- interesting!
Would be great if you could tag competitions, and track averages across them over time- since I set my diary up by club rather than competition. Hindsight suggests the former would actually be more helpful!
This app is great for keeping a record of your range shooting. I though the initial setup was a little expensive for the add on diary but having invested in it I’m pleased I did. I can look back over my shooting and chart my progress. It’s great.
The only drawback is that the recognition is a little off and I need to move a few pellets sometimes for each target. A small price to pay for such an excellent product.
- Deep Scoring Ltd
- 17 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2011-2019 Deep Scoring Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- TargetScan Pro £7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.