◉ "The Best TaskPaper app for iOS" — Macdrifter
◉ "Excellent Task Manager"— Cult of Mac
◉ “Taskmator, a powerful TaskPaper client for iPhone and iPad, has received full Reminders Integration” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
◉ "Taskmator is really neat and great" —Merlin Mann
◉ "I love using the TaskPaper format, with TaskPaper on Mac and Taskmator on iOS" —Brett Terpstra
Taskmator ( Successor of renowned task management app called TaskPaper ) takes full advantage of iOS technologies, gives you speedy, powerful tools that let you more productive.
Apple Reminders Integration
• Set/Add Taskmator items with due date in Reminders app from Taskmator
• Change due date of Taskmator items in Reminders app from Taskmator
• Delete Taskmator items in Reminders app from Taskmator
• Sync items across your Apple devices (including Apple Watch) via Apple Reminders app and iCloud Settings
• Access "Today Widget" extension on your iOS device for Taskmator's item and mark the item as done'
• Set/change/delete notifications using swipe gesture method OR using action menu OR using tag method.
• Sync notifications across iOS devices using Tag method
• Work on notifications from any text editor.
• Set notifications to each item (Project, Task, or Note) in a file.
• Support App Badge Number. Badge number works for both number of undone items and for active local notifications
Live Search with Saved Filters
• Powerful search and filtering using Live search method
• Add Saved Filter using blue search button on iOS keyboard
• Delete Saved Filters
• Edit the content of saved filters.
• Give a name to a saved filter
• Sync saved filter automatically using iCloud
• Dropbox sync folder is customizable, so you can easily edit your documents with multiple apps
• Customize extended keyboard keys, themes, fonts, icons, tags, file extensions, extended keyboard font to create your own environment
• Touch ID/ Face ID support.
• Document Picker Support.
• Syncs perfectly with TaskPaper for Mac using Dropbox Sync V2. Sync to any custom dropbox folder.
• Custom Task Symbol.
• Colored Tags, Tags Suggestion, Links Detections.
• Print using custom task symbol. Custom Print option available.
• Type your lists into Taskmator and each line is formatted into a Project, Task, or Note
• Full Screen Mode
• Tint Color
• Organize notes, tasks, or projects by tags
• Support outlining, trees, lists structure, etc.
• Night Mode Keyboard option with night mode status bar.
• Statistics: Word count, Characters count, Paragraph count, Number of projects count, Number of tasks count, Number of completed projects count, Total number of completed tasks count
• Option to hide and unhide status bar of iOS device
• Review all your projects to keep them up-to-date and make sure nothing slips through the cracks using "Go to Project.." feature
• Support sub-folders, sub-notes, sub-tasks
• Support one tap re-usability of file. In just one tap and hold gesture you can re-use a file.
• Sort notes, projects, tasks into Name, Date created, Date modified, etc.
• Updated help docs
• Approx 150 beautiful fonts are available.
Contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
• Removed Tip Jar.
• Bug fixes and enhancements for Touch ID/ Face ID.
• General bug fixes and enhancements.
Please let me know if you have any questions/ suggestions related to Taskmator. Please support the app if you like it.
Have a wonderful time ahead!
Ratings and Reviews
TaskPaper, but better
Taskmator is TaskPaper but better: if you like the whole plain-text-productivity thing, and you want to do it on iOS, you want this app. It works better than TaskPaper ever did and has significant new features, such as automagic reminders for tasks.
It's not perfect -- which apps are? -- but it's good, and the maintainer is responsive to bug reports. There have been reviews accusing him of 'just picking up dead apps and reviving them' as if that's a bad thing: for people who use those apps it's not: it's a good thing.
I am glad this app exists: if you used TaskPaper on iOS you will be as well.
dropbox sync is completely broken
deleted some existing files i had - completely unacceptable
Issue is fixed in the latest 3.9994 App Store version. Please update to the latest App Store version of Taskmator on your iOS devices.
If you use TaskPaper, you could do with Taskmator in your life...
First up, plain text task management isn’t for everyone, but can be so much easier to work with than other proprietary systems (YMMV— depends entirely on the kind of work you do and how your mind works).
If you can appreciate that, then you’ve probably already come across the TaskPaper format already. Simply put, Taskmator as a great way of managing TaskPaper files on iOS. Although you can theoretically manage TaskPaper files as plain text files, you don’t have that many options on iOS for taking full advantage of everything that TaskPaper has to offer, and Taskmator is one of the best of those options.
The developer is really responsive and keen to push the app further. As a result, it’s grown more stable over the past few revisions, and now is a solid app. I’m looking forward to its future.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.