Teach Your Monster to Read
By Teach Monster Games Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Teach Your Monster to Read is an award-winning game that’s helped over a million children learn to read.
● Covers the first two years of learning to read, from matching letters and sounds to enjoying little books.
● Designed in collaboration with leading academics.
● Complements all synthetic phonics programmes used in schools.
● Suitable for school and home use.
● Now includes all 3 games!
Children create a monster and take it on a magical journey over three extensive games - meeting a host of colourful characters along the way and improving their reading skills as they progress.
The game is rigorous and works with any phonics scheme so it’s perfect for use in school and at home. It’s developed in collaboration with leading academics at the University of Roehampton.
● Suitable for ages 3-6.
● Designed in collaboration with reading experts from Roehampton University.
● Complements Phases 2-5 of UK Government-approved Letters and Sounds and other major systematic synthetic phonics programmes.
● Absolutely no in-app purchases, hidden costs or in-game adverts.
● Available on iPad and iPhone.
Reviews of the online game:
This game is the absolute best quality phonics game I have come across for educational and fun value.
Marie Lewis, Rochdale
“My class have reaped loads of benefits from using the programme and the difference in some of their reading skills has been dramatic.
Maria Andrews, Foundation Phase Teacher
This is a fabulous game. I'm not kidding when I say that my daughter essentially learned all her letter sounds using First steps, with relatively minimal input from me! Great for parents to practise their letter sounds too.
What's New in Version 3.0
Better compatibility with school IT systems
Minor bug fixes
My 6 year old son has learning difficulties, attention problems and suffers from frustrations due to low self esteem. The entire programme has been absolutely fabulous for him. It is the only thing he will stick at for an extended period of time and I can slowly see progress being made. My other two children learnt to read effortlessly. It is not until you have a child that struggles that you learn the importance of the small building blocks to learning -something this programme does beautifully.
Teach your monster to read
This is by far the best app I have come across to help my little read, all other ways have failed.
It is really enjoyable and also has lots of incentives.
Well worth the price.