By Mayor of London
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Team London, the Mayor’s volunteering programme for London, makes it quick and easy for Londoners to give their time, find volunteering opportunities and do great things for their city. Whether it’s cleaning up the environment or volunteering at one of the capital’s great events, Team London mobilises the community spirit and enthusiasm of Londoners to make a difference. To make it easier for Londoners to fit volunteering into their lives, Team London has launched London’s first Speed Volunteering App!
So, what is Speed Volunteering?
Speed Volunteering roles make it easier for people to give a little bit of time while still making a positive impact. They all have the following characteristics:
• take a couple of hours to complete (no more than six)
• are intended to be ‘one-off’
• are available at short-notice
• have no significant barriers to volunteering
Speed Volunteering is a great way to gain your first taste of volunteering. With our free Speed Volunteering App you can:
• easily find and register for volunteering opportunities closest to you
• get your friends to join you
• find and connect with volunteer involving organisations
• track and submit your volunteer hours with a swipe of a finger
• challenge yourself to a Speed Volunteering Challenge
Give a little time, make a big difference! Get the App today and start scrolling with purpose!
What's New in Version 1.7
- Introducing a new feature! Volunteering with one of our opportunities? Snap a photo and send it to our Facebook page, share your experience and inspire others to volunteer. You can also browse hundreds of photos posted to our Facebook page right from your Team London App. Look for the new “Share a Photo” link in the Apps’ slide-out navigation. (You must sign in with Facebook to use this feature).
- Updated the “This Week” filter for opportunities search to “Next 7 Days” to better reflect actual search functionality.
- Added a badge notification once your complete one of our volunteering challenges, enabling you to share your achievement with your friends!
- Once you record your volunteer hours, you can now tell your friends about it! Share your success and encourage your friends and family to get involved.
- Added deep linking to opportunities within the App from external resources.
- Minor design updates
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 27 September 2016
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 37.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Greater London Authority
- Copyright © Greater London Authority, Mayor of London. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.