TEFpad is a tablature editor designed for the iPad that implements most features available in the TablEdit desktop program. It is also compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch.
Just like TEFview for iOS, our free file viewer, TEFpad opens, displays, prints and plays all TablEdit files (.tef format). It imports as well many types of music files (ASCII tablatures, ABC files, MusicXML, MIDI, Guitar Pro, PowerTab...).
In addition to this, TEFpad opens TabRite files and lets you create new tablature arrangements from scratch.
The files you have created on your device with TEFpad can be edited and saved without any limitation.
You can edit files not created with TEFpad or imported into TEFpad, but only the first 16 measures can be saved. Likewise the app does not allow copying the contents of one of these files into another .tef file. To get rid of these limitations, you can upgrade to TEFpad Pro (available as an In-App purchase).
The .tef files saved with TEFpad can be opened and modified in the
TablEdit desktop program that offers advanced capabilities not
completely available in TEFpad.
Please submit your suggestions and bug reports to http://www.tabledit.com/contact/feedback/
- Open/Import TablEdit, ASCII, ABC, MIDI, Music XML, PowerTab, TABrite and GuitarPro files
- Display tablature and/or standard notation
- English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Chinese and Italian language support
- Embedded Help (tap the info button in the top-right corner of the screen)
- File manager with subdirectory management
- Email files as attachment
- PDF export. The PDF can be emailed or opened in a third party app
- iTunes file sharing
- WIFI file sharing
- MIDI Playback with full real time control (speed, pitch, volume and MIDI instrument)
- Metronome and count down settings
- Ability to change the soundfont
- Customize background color for screen, special keyboard, palettes,
- Print to an Air Printer
- Export playback as a MIDI file or a WAV file
- ABC file export
- Time and Key signature setup along with a transpose feature
- Measures management (Add/Delete/Copy/Move)
- Instrument setup (String number, Tuning, Capo, Clef...)
- Quantize notes (after a MIDI import)
- Enter notes and rests in the tablature or standard notation
- Edit notes (duration, velocity, special effect, staccato...)
- Create chord diagrams
- Insert text, tempo changes, pick strokes and fingerings
- Reading guides (repeats and endings)
- Fingerboard or keyboard view
- External keyboard support
- Support for Page turning
- Print options dialog
- Support drum tabs and pedal steel guitar tabs
- Pick-up measure
- Grace note management
- iPad Pro support
Ability to enter text in Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
Ratings and Reviews
Incredible! The best tabbing software available for iOS
I really can’t believe how good this software is! The developer has managed to create tabbing/notation software of great sophistication, and so far I haven’t wanted to do anything with it that I haven’t found a way to do. Far more feature rich for a guitarist than Guitar Pro and Progression/Notion for iPad, in my opinion. VERY intuitive and quick to enter tabs once you find your way around it. To be honest, I’ve been really shocked by how effective this app is. I think it somehow plays tabs back with much more life and musicality that the other programs for tabbing. I’m not sure how it does this, but that is what my experience has been. Highly recommended, and incredible value for money.
Better than I expected
I have used several score writing programs since the 1980s and my notation program of choice for years has been Sibelius. After an unwanted, but necessary, wipe and reinstall of my computer's drive I am without Sibelius and since I was looking for something I can use on my iPad I thought I would give TEFPad a try. I have spent an hour with TEFPad and am quite impressed with what it does. I can see that I can use it as a notepad for ideas. For the price it is nicely implemented. It won't replace a professional (and much more expensive) solution in the long term, but it is certainly a workable option and I expect to keep it on my iPad for the foreseeable future. Good job. Thanks!
Good but buggy
This is a god app, but be aware that it has some bugs. I hit a bug where it was inserting a double bar that I could not remove by any means. I contacted the developers, but they ignored my email. That's the reason why it only gets 3 stars. Being ignored is not an acceptable level of technical support. I also hit another bug when I tried to reverse the tablature (French to Italian). I didn't bother to report this one because, well, what's the point if the developer isn't responding? I think this app is still OK for casual use, but don't try to use it for typesetting tabs for publication. Also be prepared for bugs and no technical support if it all goes wrong.
We take bug reports very seriously and we do reply systematically to any message. If you don't receive a response, it means we didn't get your message or you didn't receive our answer. In your case, I don't remember a report about the double bar issue. With the current version, there is no problem to remove a bar attribute. Regarding the ability to reverse the tab, it is not included in TEFpad but you can use the "left hand guitar" tuning.
- Matthieu Leschemelle
- 9.1 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1997-2018 Matthieu Leschemelle
- In-App Purchases
- TEFpad Pro £19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.