TEFview for iOS is an app that allows you to view, print and play tablatures created in TablEdit Tablature Editor on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
TEFview allows you as well to view and listen to ASCII tabs, .ABC tunes, MIDI, PowerTab, GuitarPro and musicXML files.
- Supported file formats: TablEdit, ASCII, ABC, MIDI, Music XML, PowerTab, GuitarPro
- Tablature and/or Standard notation display,
- MIDI Playback with full speed control,
- Ability to assign the volume and the MIDI instrument for any track in real time,
- Metronome and count down,
- Embedded Help,
- Emails file as attachment,
- File manager.
- WIFI file sharing,
- Subdirectory management
- pdf export: the pdf can be emailed, printed to a compatible AirPrint printer or opened in a third app,
Jianpu Chinese notation support.
Ability to open MusicXML compressed files (.mxl)
Opens Guitar Pro 7 files (.gp)
Ratings and Reviews
Great Learning Tool
This app has revolutionised how I learn new tunes!
Only let down by the 80’s synth sounds
Good... But sounds need improvement
I'd love to justify paying for the full version of this software, but cannot. As a free viewer, it is a good and useful thing. The key work here is "viewer". As a "player" it is capable and accurate, but the synth sounds are 25 years out of date.
Why can't we load up relevant samples of a decent sounding fiddle, acoustic guitar, banjo etc... It would make the experience better for the user.
In the final analysis, this is an asset to musicians who wish to share tunes together. It could and no doubt will continue to improve, so we should support it.
Really great app. Highly recommend
I highly recommend this to anyone who plays guitar or banjo or whatever. Having this available as an app is great. I've used the pc version for a while but rather not play guitar sat at a desk, so having this on my iPad is perfect. App works great. Getting the files into the app couldn't be easier. Also, the files sizes are really small so it hardly takes up any space.
- Matthieu Leschemelle
- 7.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1997-2018 Matthieu Leschemelle
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.