Tesla Field Meter
By JMS Solutions, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This application measures the magnitude of the magnetic field. The Tesla Meter will respond to a static magnetic field as well as the magnetic field radiated through the application of alternating current.
The research on the adverse biological affects in the presence of magnetic fields, weather static or alternating, is inconclusive, so it's best to practice prudent avoidance. Low level magnetic fields are naturally generated by the Earth. Higher level magnetic fields are generated from microwave ovens as well as the clock radio next to your bedside.
Use this Tesla Meter to make a qualitative assessment of the strength of magnetic field exposure.
Please note that this App requires an iPhone 3GS or later model with the built in magnetometer used for the compass.
What's New in Version 3.00
This is the most significant upgrade to this application since its introduction. The Tesla Field Meter now offers the following features:
1. Added ac metering capability. This mode of operation enables the Tesla Field Meter to measure moving magnetic field anomalies.
2. Added the capability to plot the magnetic fields as a function of time. This mode has the capability to pause the display, scroll back through time, drag to offset the base line magnetic field, pinch zoom the plot or double tap to reset this display.
3. Improvements to the signal processing capability of the instrument.
4. Improvements to leverage the advantages of iOS 6 and the iPhone 5 performance and display.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 16 November 2012
- Version: 3.00
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Michael Harsh
- © JMS Solutions, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.