Test Yourself for Mac OS X v10.6 Support Essentials
By Pearson Education, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether you are getting ready to take the Mac OS X Support Essentials 10.6 Exam (9L0-403) or are brushing up on your skills for an interview, Test Yourself: Mac OS X v10.6 Support Essentials can help you prepare with confidence.
Created using the official Apple Training and Certification program reference, “Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Support Essentials v10.6” by Kevin White (published by Peachpit Press), this app offers more than 200 expertly authored questions and gives you the ability to practice, review, and assess your knowledge of the material, serving as a both a self-paced learning tool and an appealing way to review the official curriculum material.
You can test your knowledge in either the Self Study mode or the Test mode. Both modes provide a random selection of questions covering all exam categories for a new experience each time you take a quiz. Unlike other apps on the market, the Test Yourself app includes the correct answer taken directly from the official reference book: “Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Support Essentials v10.6”.
Self Study provides a 30-question quiz designed to help assess what you need to review or learn about Mac OS X Support Essentials:
• Learn immediately if your answer to each question is correct.
• Try again or view the correct answer if you select incorrectly.
• Access the “Learn” feature with detailed explanations and suggestions for further study.
The Test mode is a 30-question quiz that allows you to truly test your knowledge of the topic areas.
• Answer all questions and submit your test for scoring.
• Partial credit given on questions with multiple correct answers.
• Test results are stored in Scores.
The Scores sections captures your Test results and helps you track your performance over time:
• View the Trends graph for a visual history of your 20 most recent Tests.
• Review each Test to see questions you answered correctly and incorrectly and access the “Learn” feature.
• Get a detailed Score Report showing your performance by category.
• E-mail your Score Report to help organize and prepare.
While this Test Yourself app does not necessarily predict how you will perform on the Mac OS X Support Essentials 10.6 Exam, it can help you identify content areas you should review in order to improve your performance on the exam.
You should begin your exam prep by reviewing the “Mac OS X Support Essentials 10.6 Exam Preparation Guide” at http://training.apple.com/certification/macosx.
What's New in Version 1.1
iOS 4.3 issues, improved touch response in question screens, removed a duplicate answer
Don't know what there are talking about because this app works fine with ios 5.
Only suggestion is a bit more functionality would be nice. But as an addition to other means for revision, this is spot on.
Revision Guide for 9l0-403
Great - just used the book and this excellent app to pass the test 85% ! It's a steel for only 2.99 - many similar questions came up and I would highly recommend this app
I downloaded this app as I thought it would be really useful to test myself prior to taking the exam. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on iOS5 as it won't install on my iPhone. So unless this gets an update and can be confirmed to work on the latest iOS software it will stay as having one star.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 14 April 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Pearson Education, Inc.
- © Copyright 2011 by Peachpit Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.