TeX Writer - LaTeX Editor and Compiler
By Chaoji Li
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Writing and compiling TeX files on the go. No internet connection needed.
FULL TeX/LaTeX SUPPORT
- Supports both plain TeX and LaTeX, output PDF;
- Fast compiler optimized for iOS devices;
- On-demand package auto downloader, including big packages like beamer;
- Integrated BibTeX/MakeIndex;
DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
- A text editor designed for LaTeX editing. With syntax highlighting, innovative text selection, customizable assistant keyboard, powerful commands.
- LaTeX-aware spell checking (optional in settings)
- Handy image preview for inserting graphics;
- Support "Paste" images into editor
- Handy customizable assistant keyboard for inserting special characters.
- Open .tex file from other applications
- Dropbox real time syncing, with file comparison and manual conflict resolution
- PDF export/email
HOW TO GET HELP
- Visit texwriterapp.com for user guide, and templates for russian, chinese, japanese.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to send bug report and feature requests.
- Or directly talk to @litchiedev on Twitter.
What's New in Version 2.7
- update pdf viewer
- fix a bug in bibtex to handle very long author list
The best thing you can say about this app is the most important thing... it just works. It takes all the complexity of a tex distribution and handles it without missing a beat. The automatic downloading of packages is so slick I add unneeded packages in my preamble just to see if it can find it... It does. Dropbox integration means you can seamlessly switch between your laptop and your phone/tablet.
I would say the biggest thing missing is a pattern-based search and replace (maybe it's possible using the scripting interface but it would be good to have it as a basic feature).
Pretty good overall
On the whole, very good. There may be some room for improvement. Such as a better library of recognised functions and maybe the ability to tab complete on them? It would also be nice to be able to edit the shortcut keys to use different functions, I don't particularly need quick access to a delete-all button...
Best Latex Editor/Compiler Ever
And I don't just mean for iOS. This is so easy to install and use it makes what we had to go through 20 years ago simply laughable. Simple Dropbox integration and syncing across devices and the web app mean you can work on your documents wherever you are whenever you want with ease.
Everyone who writes mathematics should own this app. Simple as that.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 23 January 2015
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 13.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Chaoji Li
- © (C) 2012-2014, Chaoji Li.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.