TeX Writer - LaTeX Editor and Compiler
By Chaoji Li
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Writing and Compiling TeX files right on your iOS device. No internet connection needed.
**** BEFORE YOU BUY ****
You may encounter some apps with similar names and description and even exactly same screenshots. The genuine TeX Writer is developed by Chaoji Li (@litchiedev) , and its official website is http://www.texwriterapp.com.
There is no effective way to report and remove those pirated apps and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- Supports beamer/BibTeX/MakeIndex
- Automatic package downloader
- LaTeX-aware spell checking
TeX Writer lets you write, compile and preview TeX documents right on your iPad. Compilation happens on your device, no internet connection is required. It has a very straight forward user interface that can get you started in seconds. With Dropbox syncing support, you can share the TeX files among different devices, including your desktop computers.
TeX is a typesetting system designed and written by Donald Knuth. TeX was designed with two main goals in mind: to allow anybody to produce high-quality books using a reasonable amount of effort, and to provide a system that would give exactly the same results on all computers, now and in the future.
- A text editor designed for LaTeX editing. With syntax highlighting, innovative text selection, customizable assistant keyboard, powerful commands;
- Fast compilation on device;
- Plain TeX / LaTeX
- Automatically BibTeX/MakeIndex;
- User can install custom packages;
- Auto install missing packages;
- LaTeX aware spell checking
- PDF output and export
- Dropbox syncing, support subfolders
- Handy image preview for inserting graphics;
- Handy customizable assistant keyboard for inserting special characters.
- Open .tex file from other applications
What's New in Version 2.4
- Add LaTeX Aware Spell checking (Please go to in app settings, and select a spell checking dictionary for your working language).
- Highlight inline formulas. Its color can be customized by "set-string-color" in twinit.l. Formulas across multiple lines will not be highlighted.
- Inside TeX Writer, you can open an EPS file in the "EPS to PDF Converter" app , and the converted PDF can be opened back into TeX Writer in the same folder of EPS file.
- Other bug fixes
Works extremely well
I definitely thought twice before buying this app before buying this app. However, as a young scientist, I am glad that I did. It works absolutely seamlessly with my workflow. Before leaving the office I dropped a paper that I wanted to work on over the weekend into dropbox, loaded up TexWriter, and with barely a click it automatically downloaded the new packages needed (including very usefully, revtex), and away I could go.
So far I am still just getting into the app, but I would definitely recommend it just based on what I have seen already.
Moving in text
I write paragraphs a lot using a Bluetooth keyboard, navigating through the text (technically on one line but actually on 2–3) is a massive. Overall I love it, folders and links work super well and compiling works great. Throw in XeLaTeX compiles and it's perfect for me
This is a must have for any serious researcher who's always on the move. Compiling latex documents into perfect PDFs without an internet connection is fantastic.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 27 January 2014
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Chaoji Li
- © (C) 2012-2013, Chaoji Li.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.