Textastic Code Editor for iPad
By Alexander Blach
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
It's the perfect app to view and edit your website and source code files at home, in the office or on the road.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV and Dropbox clients
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full keyboard dock and bluetooth keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Undo & Redo
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers or Dropbox
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
What's New in Version 5.3.1
Fixed: "Replace All" didn't work sometimes
If you like Textastic, it would be amazing if you could leave a positive rating or review on the App Store!
Wonderful text editor
Great text editor for coders or even just general writing (via markdown). I love the deep integration with Working Copy (an iOS Git source control app). Textastic supports just about every protocol you can think of for connecting iOS apps. The iOS 8+ "Locations" open dialogue is particularly useful, it allows you to use Textastic to edit another app's files, without moving the file out of that app's sandbox, so there's no need to send the file back and forth. Brings some of the power of the desktop to mobile.
Excellent Web editor for iPad
This comprehensive app is just what's needed for editing sites when away from home. FTP included and amazing set of alternate keys for symbols. Uses the reduced space very effectively once you get used to the system employed.
Outstanding web editor
I've been coding html/css for 15 years. Just wish I had Textastic then. If you build websites on the move and need an editor then you've found your app. Outstanding!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 17 October 2015
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian
- Developer: Alexander Blach
- © 2010-2015 Alexander Blach
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.