Stay up to date when you're on the move with the Transport for Wales rail services app!
With live journey information, easy ticket purchase with no booking fees, the TfW Rail app is your essential travel companion.
• Check train times for any rail journey in the UK
• Live journey and platform information
• EXCLUSIVE - purchase Mobile Multiflex tickets (12 mTickets for the price of 10) valid for 3 months for most journeys across the TfW network
• Purchase our Advance mTickets for longer distance journeys on the TfW network and further afield
• Purchase a wide range of tickets for journeys on the TfW network and across the UK, with no booking fees
• Quick, simple and secure to use
Ratings and Reviews
Early days for this app
I was very pleased to find there was a tfw app to replace the arriva app from day 1, however, there are a few teething issues. Firstly, I keep having to log out and back in to buy a ticket as the session has expired. Secondly, I had an issue where I had a conductor waiting to see the ticket and so I opened the app and went to tickets but it just sat at the loading screen for about 2 minutes. The ticket eventually loaded but this was not convenient. I have found I need to keep the app open on the ticket page in order to use it on command. Otherwise so far so good. Thanks.
Supporting Apple Pay in the App would make this better
Please add support for buying tickets by Apple Pay into the app. Typing a credit card number or saving them in the app is a slow, not as secure and poor purchasing experience.
Please also allow tickets to be added to Apple Wallet like the Trainline app. This makes it much quicker to open your ticket at the barriers or for a guard.
The app works but is using old methods and doesn’t take advantage not of the better options available with today’s technology.
Live times need to be sorted
I use the app mainly for the live times but have found that it only retains a max of 3 journeys, not helpful when you have to catch a connection so that’s 4 journeys per day, so always having to re-input one of these rather than quickly linking to the one you want. Also found that when in departure setting, can’t access all stations - even Cardiff Queen Street! And some stations that I could previously access have now dropped off altogether! Please get it sorted ASAP.
- KEOLIS AMEY OPERATIONS GWEITHREDIADAU KEOLIS AMEY LIMITED
- 20.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Trainline.com Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.