The Thames Trail brings the industrial and shipbuilding heritage of the Greenwich riverside to life in a very 21st century way. The app contains archive material from the National Maritime Museum and Greenwich Heritage Centre as well as specially commissioned audio interviews with local residents and historians. Regeneration and development are rapidly changing Greenwich’s waterfront and shifting it from an industrial to residential and commercial area. Whilst on the photowalk, take your own photographs of the riverscape as it is today and publish them on the Viewfinder Photography website (www.viewfinder.org.uk) and Thames Trail Flickr photostream (www.flickr.com/photos/thamestrailgreenwich). The Thames Trail has been funded by a £16,400 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
- GPS activated audio and image tour
- Use from your armchair or on location
- See archive material including historic paintings, photographs and models
- Hear local residents' memories and anecdotes in one minute audio interviews
- Get creative: publish your own photographs from the route to the Viewfinder Photography website (www.viewfinder.org.uk) and Thames Trail Flickr photostream (www.flickr.com/photos/thamestrailgreenwich)
- Learn about the industrial and shipbuilding heritage of Greenwich
- Document the changing nature of the Greenwich riverside by taking your own photos
- Files play automatically as you walk along the route
- Created and guided by a team of volunteers
- Family-friendly guide also available at www.viewfinder.org.uk
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Minor content changes
Ratings and Reviews
It brings the area to life
An excellent guide that brings the history of the Thames in Greenwich to life. It really adds to an enjoyable walk.
Useful audio guide
Luck had it I downloaded app before going out to Greenwich. I've enjoyed listening to audio tour when walking along the Thames.
- Vika Books Ltd.
- 26.2 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Viewfinder Photography Gallery Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.