The Accent Kit
By The Big Gob Squad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Three of the UKs leading accent coaches present The ACCENT Kit: an invaluable tool and resource for actors, and anyone wanting to learn an accent.
Edda Sharpe, Jan Haydn Rowles and Richard Ryder’s highly skilled yet invisible work, can be heard across the creative industries, from Game of Thrones to the Royal Shakespeare Company. They are on the call sheets for all the major international film and TV production companies and on the rehearsal schedules for leading theatre producers and directors. Simply, you couldn’t be in better hands.
The ACCENT Kit app is free to download and gives you access to a library of REAL AUTHENTIC ACCENT SPEAKERS validated by experts for authenticity and ‘usability’.
Build your very own accent library at the touch of a button.
Only buy accents that work for your profile and character.
Or use the app to record people reading The ACCENT Kit and build your own accent library for free!
Downloadable kits include recordings of authentic speakers demonstrating the five crucial elements needed to learn an accent, set out in a simple, easy to use structure;
• FREE SPEECH: a 1-3 minute story of personal interest in the speaker’s own words.
• FOUNDATIONS: the oral SETTING, the focal ZONE and the TONE of the accent.
• PRACTICE TEXT: the speaker reading a set text containing all the speech sounds and combinations you need.
• WORD LIST and SENTENCES: all the vowel shapes of the accent together with practice sentences recorded by the sample speaker.
• CONSONANTS and PRACTICE SENTENCES: six consonant sounds that can make or break your accent together demonstrated together with practice sentences recorded by the sample speaker.
Each element is user friendly, straight forward and easy to navigate.
Tap the question mark at any time for further guidance.
You can also;
• Record yourself practicing the accent.
• Store all your recordings in your own library of MY RECORDINGS and PURCHASED FILES.
The ACCENT STORE
Browse the shelves or search for an accent, read about the area and the speaker, and listen to a 5 second audio sample, all before you choose!
Only purchase the accent that is right for you and your character.
Each accent you purchase is yours to keep.
Samples are continuously being included from a spectrum of backgrounds and ages.
Can’t find the accent you need? Click REQUEST ACCENT and we add it as soon as we can.
Accents are added to the store on an ongoing basis…so keep checking the store for new ones!
What's New in Version 1.4
Several bugs fixed, stability improved.
Terrible app you have to pay to get other accents and only get the English accent free would not recommend YouTube is far better for this
A voice coach in your pocket
I love this app, it is a fantastic tool for any professional actor & more than worth the small cost for each accent kit.
After I purchased a New York accent kit to brush up for a radio play, I got some very complimentary comments from the fellow actors and director at the recording - someone even asked if I was raised in the States.
The app is easy to use and the tutorials and recordings are thorough and clear.
A vital tool for any actor.
Get rid of your accent app is 10million time better than this useless app
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 24 February 2016
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: The Big Gob Squad Ltd
- © The Big Gob Squad
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- West coast male 1987 accent£1.99
- DUBLIN CITY FEMALE 1£1.99
- West coast female 1987£1.99
- NRP FEMALE 1£1.99
- NRP MALE 1£1.99
- East cost female accent 1972£1.99
- East coast male 1966 accent£1.99
- LIVERPOOL FEMALE 1£1.99
- RP SLOANE FEMALE 1£1.99
- MANCHESTER MALE 1£1.99