The Clock - The Best World Clock
By Fabrice Leyne
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Best Clock app I have seen for Mac (AU)
Fabulous design (US)
Absolutely excellent clock and time zone app (AU)
Simple! I use it everyday! Brilliant! (UK)
Perfect for Global Responsibilities(US)
## The Clock
* Keep track, easily and efficiently of your contacts in different time zones.
* Have a quick view on a Calendar.
* Easily setup meetings with the Meeting Planner.
* Have a highlight on the Business Hours and Holidays of your subcontactors, customers, ...
* Be reminded when to Take a Break and relax.
* Highly customizable.
* Optimized to minimize the Energy Impact to save your Mac battery life.
### World Clocks
* AM/PM or 24Hours.
* Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow display.
* Change the city name.
* Time offset information.
* Analog or Big Digital Clock view.
* Show/Hide country name.
* Drag & Drop the world clocks to order them.
* Beautiful clock face displaying day and night.
* Business Hours color led...
### Meeting Planner
* Meeting Planner Slider to navigate through time.
* Business Hours led to check if your contact is in the working hours time frame.
* Select a date in the calendar for an accurate Daylight Saving adjustement...
* Navigate the months with buttons, keyboard shortchuts, trackpad.
* Show/Hide the Calendar.
* Show/Hide the weeks number.
* Select a day in Meeting Planner for an accurate Dayligh Saving adjustement.
* Highlight days off.
* Follow the system setting for Calendar first day of the week...
* Choose between 2 beautiful themes (Light/Dark).
* Keyboard Shortcuts for most common actions.
* Backup/Restore your settings easily (Local, Dropbox).
* Anchor button to keep The Clock window on above other ones.
* From the menu bar or from the Dock choose how to open The Clock.
* Break Timer included to help you to Take a Break.
* Retina Display Friendly
What's New in Version 2.8.2
[Bug Fix] Dropbox compatibility with Yosemite.
Brilliant app! Always openon my machine!
I needed a clock that could display multi-zone and analogue or digital face and was surprised that decent functionality wasn’t already builtin for Yosemite.
The widgets functionality has something, but disappears on switching focus and is not so good when you need to be very time-aware while performing tasks.
So I searched and found this app. It does what it says on the tin and just works! I haven’t encountered the previous niggles mentioned in reviews.
I do think the author/developer should mention the “always on top” functionality!!!!! I’m surprised mac os/apps do not have this builtin. Another reason for mentioning it is after reading some internet posts I thought I would need SIMBL/Afloat. Cancelling the SIMBL/Afloat install partway nearly wrecked my system!! I had to drop down to a unix prompt to fix it!
Buy this if you want a hassle free life and something that just works.
Great tool. UI dark theme needs tweaking for Yosemite
A great app which is able to replace the native clock menu bar item and provide much needed extra features. The only area which needs improvement is the UI for the dark theme. The dark theme needs updating for Yosemite and should use less gradients. It looks out of place at the moment and doesn’t blend well with the menu bar if you’re using the dark mode of Yosemite.
Great app - needs a Widget update
Very easy to use, good features and a nice design. However, now needs integration with Notifcation Center to make it fully compatible with OSX.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 15 October 2014
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Fabrice Leyne
- © 2011-2014 Fabrice Leyne
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor