Stop rummaging through paper tunebooks - turn your iPad or iPhone into a portable tunebook. Quickly search, display and hear thousands of Irish, Scottish, Cape Breton and other tunes for fiddle, flute, bagpipes, banjo, mandolin, concertina or accordion.
Please leave a review or rate the app if you enjoy it - it helps!
- includes a selection of 76 commonly played session tunes
- create, play and print sets of tunes
- import ABC notation via iTunes, email or the internet
- bagpipe notation for tunes with HP or Hp key
- search online or on your iPad or iPhone
- online search results are quickly imported into your library
- simple playback with tempo control and looping
- share via email as ABC notation or PDF
- open as a PDF in other applications
- create and edit ABC notation on your iPad with a keyboard extension to simplify entry
Fix a playback issue on iOS 10
music display tweaks
- now requires iOS 8+
Ratings and Reviews
A brilliant Ap for all Celtic Musicians; not only is there a good range of tunes included, but it's easy to add tunes that are in abc format - i.e. From sites such as 'The Session', or tunes that have been sent to you.
What's more, the Ap gives you the sheet music (printable), and will play you the tune, either once through or repeatable. If you are learning a new tune, you can slow it down to help you to play along at a comfortable 'learning' speed.
Highly recommend by this fiddle player.
Never need to wade through sheet music again!
Being a keen folk session player (melodeon and Northumbrian pipes), I've often needed the dots for a tune and couldn't find them among my incoherent collection of scraps of paper. Now it's all instantly available in this brilliant app - probably the most useful app on my ipad! I wasn't sure of what quality to expect for £2.99, but was immediately amazed by the thought and effort that's gone into the design of this clever software. Well done sir!
abc to dots, cracking app!
A well laid out but simple app that allows abc music notation to be imported to dots and staff, plus you can still see the original abc if you want. Once in sheet music form you can playback the tune, and play along. Files can be exported out via email as PDF or abc.
So easy to search the web and find and import abc tunes.
A very useful additional app for those of us who cannot freely translate from abc to cleft staff.
Plus the developer is very helpful.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.