The Economist on iPad (UK)
By The Economist
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Our app is free to download
• Read or listen to a selection of must-read articles chosen each week by Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief of The Economist
• Subscribers enjoy full access to each week’s issues and analysis
A smart guide to the forces that shape the future, readers access an essential global briefing on business, finance, economics, science, current affairs, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
• Read or listen to each week’s full issue from Thursday 4pm EST/ 9pm GMT. Read or listen to each week’s full issue every Thursday, before it hits newsstands.
• Pre-download The Economist and enjoy offline reading anytime, anywhere.
• Seamlessly move between our reader and audio features.
• Store and access back issues.
• If you are a registered reader, you may purchase single issues using in-app purchase.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON iPHONE
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
What's New in Version 3.2.8
* Fixed a bug where the app would forget your place the next time you opened it.
* Various other bug fixes and performance improvements.
Easy to use and a good companion to the paper version
I have used the app for a couple of years now and really like it. I have a print subscription so get the content free. It is a very handy way to access articles from earlier editions.
If you want ideas for improvements then these would be on my wish list:
a) A search function to find content from earlier editions.
b) A way to view the content across the editions. For example as a list of Tech Monthly reports or all the Special Briefings.
Overall I love it.
A good read
For many years the paper edition of the Economist has been a weekly treat delivered by the postman each weekend. I still enjoy paper but when away from home I find the app provides me with a satisfying alternative.
I really enjoy listening to the articles, but the feature could be enhanced by giving better control on the tracks.
- Category: News
- Updated: 13 May 2016
- Version: 3.2.8
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Economist £39.99
- The Economist £159.99
- The Economist August 16th 2014 single issue£4.99
- The Economist June 18th 2016 single issue£4.99
- The Economist June 25th 2016 single issue£4.99
- The Economist (UK)£6.99
- The Economist (UK) £6.99
- The Economist (UK)£7.99
- The Economist December 20th 2014 single issue£7.99
- The Economist (UK)£4.99