The Economist on iPhone (UK)
By The Economist
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Our app is free to download
• Read or listen to a selection of must-read articles chosen each week by Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief of The Economist
• Subscribers enjoy full access to each week’s issues and analysis
A smart guide to the forces that shape the future, readers access an essential global briefing on business, finance, economics, science, current affairs, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
• Read or listen to each week’s full issue from Thursday 4pm EST/ 9pm GMT. Read or listen to each week’s full issue every Thursday, before it hits newsstands.
• Pre-download The Economist and enjoy offline reading anytime, anywhere.
• Seamlessly move between our reader and audio features.
• Store and access back issues.
• If you are a registered reader, you may purchase single issues using in-app purchase.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps.
• Purchase a quarterly subscription to the full edition for GBP £44.99 or an annual subscription for GBP £159.99.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON iPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
What's New in Version 3.2.10
This update fixes a critical bug where audio would not play when the app was in the background.
Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused.
Like getting the most informative podcast every week
I love The Economist. Been a subscriber well over a decade. In recent years the app has been the only way I consume this newspaper. Moreover, it is the Audio Edition which accompanies every copy which I listen to. My Friday commutes are spend getting through all the great article by listening to them. The Audio Edition is clearly read out by voice actors which makes listening to them engaging.
Ads are annoying!!! + full audio download
I pay a subscription and having this huge ads you need to swipe is annoying!! If the service was free fine, but I find this unacceptable for a not cheap paid service.
Also, the audio you need to download the full thing, I would rather only download specific chapters (and if this is possible to do then not intuitive as I have not seen it).
Otherwise content itself is great.
Fully downloadable offline articles, with EVERY article available as an audio file / podcast within the app. Perfect for commuting and on the go - and a real lesson to other news apps. Great stuff.
Left one star off as the audio playback sometimes has a window where the controls aren't visible. Minor gripe and an easy fix.
- Category: News
- Updated: 26 October 2016
- Version: 3.2.10
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Economist£39.99
- The Economist£159.99
- The Economist August 16th 2014 single issue£4.99
- The Economist January 7th 2017 single issue£4.99
- The Economist June 25th 2016 single issue£4.99
- The Economist January 14th 2017 single issue£4.99
- The Economist July 2nd 2016 single issue£4.99
- The Economist£10.99
- The Economist December 24th 2016£6.99
- The Economist November 12th 2016 single issue£4.99