Matchday is your 24-hour-a-day mobile football organiser. Boot out all the boring admin – Matchday does it automatically and securely.
Whether you’re a player, parent, team manager or coach, Matchday from The FA makes your football life silky smooth. Enjoy the game while Matchday organises everything.
Who's in the team? Who are the opponents? Where’s the game? When’s kick-off? Is anyone currently ineligible to play? With Matchday, all the answers are instantly available at your fingertips. And there’s lots more benefits, depending on who you are.
Managers and coaches:
• Select your line-up - wherever you are;
• Submit team sheets on the go;
• Organise matches, training and social events - and provide instant updates;
• Avoid fielding ineligible players;
• No need to SMS your score in anymore, use Matchday for your final result;
• Submit match returns straight from the app into Full-Time;
• Collect Match Fees and see who has paid their match fees and who still needs to pay.
• Make yourself/your child available and know immediately you're picked;
• View all future fixtures;
• Keep an eye on the tables, fixtures, results and scorers;
• Stay in the loop with regular team updates;
• Pay match fees after every game and see what you owe.
And all this is a safe and secure environment, backed by The FA.
Are you Matchday ready?
• Matchday requires set up activities from Whole Game System and Full-Time including your club setting up match fees and a PayPal account (all information can be found on Whole Game)
• If your team is shown as unavailable then it means that there is very likely an outstanding activity pending.
• For further details or if you are facing issues getting on boarded to the App, please visit www.thefa.com/matchday or contact us at email@example.com
What’s coming in the future?
We are always trying to improve The Matchday app. Great manager and player enhancements are coming soon! Watch this space.
We’ve squashed some pesky bugs; high-five to Ambassadors F.C for finding a bug which stopped you being able to make amends to your team sheet.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, had an issue, Superb response
Love the idea of the app but it’s just not working very well.
I use the app as it updates the full time website, I want to be able to use it to track our season stats.
The app will only let me add game events for the last fixture played, I want to add the goal scorers and substitutions for our previous games now I have the app but I can’t? The app has let me enter the starting eleven for the previous fixtures but why not goal scores and substitutions??
It’s a great app but not being able to add goal scorers and substitutions means I may as well not bother, I want to use the app to keep stats on our games, I may as well go back to using my excel spreadsheet!!
A fully functional app will get a 5 star rating! But I can’t give that until this problem is fixed!
*** just a quick update, I have updated my review to 5 stars as the support surrounding the issue has been superb, James from the app team couldn’t of been more helpful, the app is now working great and a massive time saver on match days!! ****
Developer Response ,
Hi There, thank you for your feedback. You should be able to add game events for previous matches by tapping on 'Report' under them in the Fixture tab. If you are still having trouble please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org so the we can get this sorted!
Good idea poor execution
This app promises to be very useful to club managers however it is causing issues and in my professional opinion was launched hastily
The issues I note are
I cannot see to manage multiple teams which is essential as a grassroots club official.
I have cannot get my daughter linked myself and her club are trying to work it out. This is down to the last minute changes in roles and permissions around GDPR I believe and has meant our secretary has spent hours reading configuring roles. Clubs in our league have had issues also so most will not yet be using the app yet
I cannot configure what information I want to allow or not allow managers to update. Our fixtures Secretary sets kick off times and pitches so does not want managers to change these around
The pre launch info was not very obvious and this means awareness in the clubs here is low.
The concept however is good and will save us having to continue with teamer and managing club and personal data in a different system.
However managed will be reluctant to change until these glitches are sorted
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we apologise for the fact you've been unable to set up youth links for Matchday or switch between multiple teams - these are two of the features we'd love to get you set up on. Please contact us on email@example.com so we can give some more guidance and update you on all the great functionalities we've recently brought out and have lined up for the future! We're always open to feedback and are keen to hear any ways we can improve the user experience for all managers, players and parents - so please do get in touch.
Great idea, great app, great support and great development..
From a coaches perspective this app is excellent. Admittedly there was some frustration initially when some parents couldn’t log-in properly due to them having more then one FAN number, but the friendly support team were on hand to quickly help resolve any issues.
Now that the parents and coaches are all using the app, I now know in advance of who is and isn’t available to play in the game, which is a big benefit to me when I’m plan and preparing for matchday.
This app has cut down on my admin, no more sitting in front of my pc sending emails to parents and filling out match reports, it’s all done via my phone, and in a matter of minutes.
I’m already looking forward to some of the enhancements which make using this app even enjoyable
Huge thumbs up from me 👍🏻
- Wembley National Stadium LTD
- 102.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Football Association Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.