The Famous Five Adventure Game
By Kuato Games
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Play as Julian, Dick, Anne, George and Timmy the Dog as they attempt to solve mysteries. Visit familiar locations from the original books and take part in fun mini-games and activities. Encounter friendly and not-so-friendly characters and use your reading and problem-solving skills to discover who's telling the truth and who's got something to hide! Once you've solved the mystery, read back the story of your adventures in a beautiful storybook.
IN THE FAMOUS FIVE, YOU WILL:
• Play as each of the Famous Five and explore the beautiful 3D world of Kirrin, including famous locations from the books.
• Encounter Aunt Fanny and Uncle Quentin, along with other well-known characters, both friend and foe.
• Reveal a mystery that only the Famous Five can help to solve!
• Search for clues by playing a series of exciting mini-games designed to test memory, problem-solving and logic skills.
• Speak to characters using a unique mood wheel, choosing the right way to ask questions in order to charm people into telling you what they know.
• Find possible culprits and use your reaction skills to spot if they have anything to hide.
• Find secret passages that will let you take short-cuts, and perhaps contain other rewards as well.
• Play as Timmy, always on the hunt for a clue - or a bone!
• Use all the clues and evidence collected to solve the mystery, just in time for tea!
The Famous Five®, Enid Blyton® and Enid Blyton's signature are Registered Trademarks of Hodder and Stoughton Limited. © 2017 Hodder & Stoughton Limited. All rights reserved. Artwork based on illustrations by Laura Ellen Anderson.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS:
This app contains no advertising and has no in-app purchases.
Each time your child solves a mystery in The Famous Five, a storybook is generated from their play session for you to read together. The app also features a passcode-protected ‘Grown Ups Corner,’ where you can:
• Switch the game to use the industry-recognised OpenDyslexic font for increased legibility
• Choose the length of time your child plays the game
• Receive email notifications when your child has created a new story for you to read together
• Get help and advice about playing the game with your child
The Famous Five was developed by the multi-award winning team behind Noddy Toyland Detective - Let's Investigate, Dino Tales, Safari Tales and Dino Tales Jr. The game has been designed with teachers, parents and children to develop a range of literacy skills and aptitudes.
• Building language skills through reading and storytelling
• Question-forming and sentence structure
• Developing creativity through play
• Memorising patterns and sequences
• Word knowledge and comprehension
• Vocabulary enrichment
• Nurturing, caring, and empathic skills
The player-generated stories are an excellent resource for parents to develop their children’s language skills to support preschool and school activities.
Join other adventurers on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/kuatostudios/
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kuatostudios/
What's New in Version 1.0.2
The Famous Five: Adventure Game requires an iPhone 5 or newer, an iPad mini 2 or newer, or any iPad Pro*, and 726MB of free space to install. You will need iOS 8.0 or newer.
*iPod Touch and any iPads released before October 2013 are not currently supported.
Lots of fun, lots like the books
As a life-long fan of the books, it's been great fun watching my son play this. He loves it too and it's now the go-to app when we're out and about and he's needing entertainment!
A trip down memory lane, looks lovely and plenty of fun to be had.
My son absolutely loves this game
He’s 7 and can play it all by himself
- Category: Games
- Updated: 19 October 2017
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 726 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Kuato Games (UK) Limited
- © Kuato Games (UK) Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.