Photo academy in your pocket! The basics of photography for beginners and useful tools for professionals.
＊ "Editor's choice" in more than a 100 countries;
＊ Starbucks "Pick of the Week";
＊ "App Store's Amazing Apps & Games" participant;
＊ #1 top paid app in 19 countries;
＊ #1 top paid app in "Photo & Video" category in 43 countries.
Even though everyone has a camera these days, taking a truly good picture still requires knowledge and mastery.
With Great Photo App, you will start learning photography by practicing: with the help of interactive lessons, you will gradually gain understanding of the foundations of the art of photography.
We will take you on the road to knowledge through the varied aspects of photo making with the help of easy to understand exercises. Just like a real friend, the app will point out your mistakes and praise your successes.
You will learn:
- What exposure is, how to select the right exposure, and what influences this.
- Aperture. Its full importance and all of its effects for your pictures.
- Shutter speed. You decide whether to freeze time or slow it down. We are giving you the key to understanding this process.
- ISO. Demonstration of how ISO affects exposure and image noise.
- Depth of field. Visual presentation of everyone's favorite blurred background.
- Camera lenses. Study the difference between focal lengths by taking pictures of a beautiful model using a variety of lenses;
- White Balance; what is White Balance and color temperature and how to use it;
- Basics of studio light; what is the difference between rim light and fill light? How to correctly set up your first lighting scheme;
- Lighting setups for studio portraits; 10 core lighting setups for studio photograpy with datailed light source diagrams;
- Studio light: professional tool for choosing studio lighting setups;
- Studio portrait+: 18 more studio portrait lighting setups.
The comprehensive lighting manual will give you the opportunity to find yourself at the shooting location complete with an obedient model and lighting equipment.
Experience for yourself what it means to shoot in artificial light.
You will have access to more than 1,000 lighting setups for your quests, studies, and demonstrations.
Easy interface, friendly environment, and our personal team of models.
Start your photographic adventure with The Great Photo App and get on the road to the best picture.
And may you have good light!
Added support for new devices
Ratings and Reviews
Very basic went through in a couple of minutes the "1000 light setups" not included in purchase this wasn't clear
Absolutely amazing!! Only one flaw
This is a really great place to start you understanding of photography that gives you the fundamentals and essentially any information needed to capture and edit a masterpiece.
As you can never be done learning it has constant updates (though the last one about white balance won't download for me) it is great and worth the price. Take it from me an amateur aspiring photographer with a few mentionable photos on my Instagram "KHq8 Photography" this is the best place to start as it gives you trail and error simulations of working with the focal length the aperture and so on... Thank you guys and please how can I fix the problem about the white balance lesson.
Great idea, but gets stuck...
This looks like the beginning of a really good idea. Sadly, one of the in-app downloads (lighting), just gets stuck and the second demo doesn't do anything. Also, the navigation is completely perplexing. There seems to be a next previous navigation, and some things seem to be 'pop up', with no real sense and this creates confusion as to where you might be in the tutorial. Great start, hopefully fixed soon. I would've contacted the developers, but the app support link is a dead link (as others are... Apple???)
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Baglan Dosmagambetov
- 70 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mobile Creators
- In-App Purchases
- Light basics Free
- Exposure Free
- White Balance Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.