By Guardian News and Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the whole picture the whole time with the free Guardian app.
Specially crafted for iPhone, iPad, and now Apple Watch, this app brings you breaking news and full access to all of the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you're offline, save content for as long as you like, and get personal, compelling content at any time on your Apple Watch.
• Stay up to date with live news and sport
• Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for iPad and iPhone
• Keep reading offline
• Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
• Be informed with breaking news alerts on your iPhone, iPad, and optimised for Apple Watch
• Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
• Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries, with stunning Retina-quality images
• Save any content you want to keep
• Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
• Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
• Upgrade to the premium tier for our daily crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 / $2.99 (USD) a month or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and processed by Apple.
• Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
What's New in Version 3.8.1
Bug fix for football cards.
Brilliant for an early news top-up.
I'm impressed with this app and use it several times a day to keep up with events. Being online it refreshes itself constantly so I miss very little.
The blog facility is fun, allowing me to get my views in and read those of other people. I'd like to be able to search it because it's easy for a thread to be displaced hundreds of times in short order on a popular subject. That's my only groan in an otherwise excellent app.
Whilst this is a great informative and worthwhile app, it has always had a bug inasmuch as soon as you open it an annoying message jumps up saying "unable to connect. Try again later" .This remains on the screen for the whole of the reading experience and distracts from everything. It has happened through all the updates. Please get rid of it.
Good start, hope more of the content follows
There's less content than the website, but the app doesn't crash all the time unlike the website (using a tablet). Easy to navigate and updated continuously.
- Category: News
- Updated: 26 August 2015
- Version: 3.8.1
- Size: 24.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Guardian News & Media Ltd
- © Guardian News & Media 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- the Guardian App£3.99
- 12 month subscription to the Guardian iPhone app £4.99
- the Guardian App£0.79
- six month subscription to the Guardian iPhone app £3.99
- Premium tier subscription£2.49
- Premium tier subscription£11.99