By Guardian News and Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the whole picture the whole time with the free Guardian app.
Specially crafted for iPhone, iPad, this app brings you breaking news and full access to all of the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you're offline, save content for as long as you like, and get personal, compelling content at any time on your devices.
• Stay up to date with live news and sport
• Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for iPad and iPhone
• Keep reading offline
• Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
• Be informed with breaking news alerts
• Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
• Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries, with stunning Retina-quality images
• Save any content you want to keep
• Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
• Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
• Upgrade to the premium tier for our daily crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. You can become a supporter of the Guardian for £5 a month and get all the benefits of the premium tier as well as supporting independent journalism. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 / $2.99 (USD) a month or £11.99 / $15.99 (USD) for six months (or local equivalent) - your payment can be taken immediately and processed by Apple.
Premium tier subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal after purchase by going to your iTunes Account Settings.
• Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
What's New in Version 4.21
A smaller release this time, that resolves a few minor issues that users were experiencing.
We value your feedback, so if you have something to share then email us at email@example.com. If you’re enjoying the app, please leave us a rating and a review.
I've used this for years
Just a small update to my review below but years on this is still a great app with excellent news. Well worth a subscription.
I find the app to be well structured and it works well. I'm glad they added background app refresh previously as even if I forget to manually open the app before say going on the tube I'll still have reasonably current articles to read.
More to the point however is the content is top notch. I particularly like the live reporting of key events.
Best news app I've had
I've read a number of newspapers online and found them to be mediocre at best, but not the Guardian. Easy to navigate, easy to personalise and even the crossword is pretty good (although there are a few quirks with it that could be better - don't worry not going to downgrade my review for that) Aside from the reporting, as that is a personal preference, this app ticks all the right boxes in my humble opinion.
Well presented news, and no enforced pay-wall
I've been using the App for a few months now, and find myself coming back more often. The user experience is excellent: pages load quickly and the interaction is very responsive. Irrespective on how you like your news presented (or your politics), this is a well written and presented App.
- Category: News
- Updated: 16 February 2017
- Version: 4.21
- Size: 79.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Guardian News & Media Ltd
- © Guardian News & Media 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- the Guardian App£3.99
- Premium tier subscription£2.49
- 12 month subscription to the Guardian iPhone app £6.99
- the Guardian App£0.79
- six month subscription to the Guardian iPhone app £4.99
- Premium tier subscription£11.99