By Guardian News and Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the whole picture the whole time with the free Guardian app.
Specially crafted for iPhone, iPad, and now Apple Watch, this app brings you breaking news and full access to all of the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you're offline, save content for as long as you like, and get personal, compelling content at any time on your Apple Watch.
• Stay up to date with live news and sport
• Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for iPad and iPhone
• Keep reading offline
• Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
• Be informed with breaking news alerts on your iPhone, iPad, and optimised for Apple Watch
• Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
• Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries, with stunning Retina-quality images
• Save any content you want to keep
• Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
• Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
• Upgrade to the premium tier for our daily crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 / $2.99 (USD) a month or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and processed by Apple.
• Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
What's New in Version 3.12
• Added football tables
• Fixed several bugs including one that caused the app to crash shortly after launch for some users
• Crossword enhancements for iPad users
Tv maker, director, media trainer, political junkie
I liked The Telegraph app too and miss it. They conned you into thinking their iPhone app was being improved for your benefit then boom, no more unless you pay.
Your website does exactly what it says - offers a limited but excellent free service, widely read, with influence. And I read the ads too. It's a two way street. The Telegraph loses readers and influence as a result and still plasters add over paid content! Keep up the good work. X
Best newspaper in the world.
The app is pretty good too. Brilliant on both breaking news and considered analysis. Comment sections allow for multiple viewpoints within a clear editorial framework. It's not afraid - as its most famous commercial says - to have a point of view. Also not afraid to cover sillier stuff beyond the 'hard news.' Unrivaled sports coverage. At least of English sports. Could improve on its Asia coverage I feel. But this is the one news app to get.
This is by far my most used app. I've been subscribing to it for several years and it is second to none and amazingly good value.
Main plus points: offline reading, save for later, search, live feeds, alerts for contributors, commenting function, ease of use and of course the actual content finishes the app off nicely. This is how you run a newspaper.
- Category: News
- Updated: 11 November 2015
- Version: 3.12
- Size: 27.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Guardian News & Media Ltd
- © Guardian News & Media 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- the Guardian App£3.99
- 12 month subscription to the Guardian iPhone app £4.99
- the Guardian App£0.79
- six month subscription to the Guardian iPhone app £3.99
- Premium tier subscription£2.49
- Premium tier subscription£11.99