By Guardian News and Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW for Apple Watch:
Dip into a personal feed of stories, features, reviews, and live news and sport specially created for Apple Watch.
Get the whole picture the whole time with the free Guardian app.
Specially crafted for iPhone, iPad, and now Apple Watch, this app brings you breaking news and full access to all of the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you're offline, save content for as long as you like, and get personal, compelling content at any time on your Apple Watch.
• Stay up to date with live news and sport
• Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for iPad and iPhone
• Keep reading offline
• Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
• Be informed with breaking news alerts on your iPhone, iPad, and optimised for Apple Watch
• Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
• Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries, with stunning Retina-quality images
• Save any content you want to keep
• Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
• Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
• Upgrade to the premium tier for our daily crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 / $2.99 (USD) a month or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and processed by Apple.
• Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
What's New in Version 3.5
- Read article flagging
- Improvements to our Apple Watch app, including fixes for handoff
- Share notifications directly from the notification centre
- Redesigned search for tablet users
- Bug and crash fixes
Following the recent patch and update, all crashes have stopped and the platform is back to full functionality, meaning I feel confident to reinstate my five star rating. It's great to see the problem was fixed quickly!
The Culture section of Guardian is the main area of focus for me as they often have some fascinating articles which prompt further reading and thought. This app allows me to view these articles wherever, and whenever.
The intuitive and fast user interface is great and makes all the difference.
Excellent, but app a little unstable sometimes
This app makes The Guardian's and The Observer's excellent journalism easy accessible. It is very stable on my iPad, but can crash a lot on my iPhone (or would be a clear 5*). When the crashing gets too much I find deleting and reinstalling the app fixes things.
I would like to be able to swipe right to go back to where I was (as in Safari), and to be able to access the full content of the papers as simply as on the full website, but those are minor points.
Don't hesitate to download this app if you want the very best journalism in delightfully accessible package.
Makes keeping up to date with the world easier
The app is great; very accessible and easy to use. The search option makes it easy to find specific articles by my favourite contributors. The format is well designed and I like the way the content changes regularly. As another reviewer has said, I do feel guilty for not buying the paper copy but this format is much more practical for me at the moment...the app version saves my sanity when I'm woken up in the small hours by my baby!
- Category: News
- Updated: 10 June 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 21.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Guardian News & Media Ltd
- © Guardian News & Media 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- the Guardian App£3.99
- 12 month subscription to the Guardian iPhone app £4.99
- the Guardian App£0.79
- six month subscription to the Guardian iPhone app £3.99
- Premium tier subscription£2.49
- Premium tier subscription£11.99