The Holy Quran - English
By Peace Through Understanding
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read, listen to and explore the Holy Qur'an with this free, comprehensive and easy-to-use Holy Quran app with Tafsir:
* Complete English translation with the option of having the original Arabic text displayed
* iPad HD version--optimized for tablets, with up to three columns side-by-side
* Tafsir / Tafseer / Commentary of each chapter and of about 1500 selected verses
* 8 different recitations including English (by Imam Benjamin Bilal) and by great Arabic reciters like Maher Al-Muaiqly, Said Al Ghamdi, Abul Basit, Muhammad Ayyoub and Muhammad Al-Minshawi.
* Instantly stream audio or download mp3 onto your device for offline use
* Control playback using the lock screen or control center player buttons and listen to recitations while the screen is off or the app is in the background
* Full-text search including searching for exact search terms in "quotes"
* Unlimited bookmarks with note and share function
* Index / Glossary with thousands of topics and the direct link to the corresponding part in the Holy Quran
* Introduction to the study of Holy Quran with numerous topics for the Muslim and non-Muslim reader
* Share Surahs through email, text / SMS or social media
* Four font sizes
* 10 different backgrounds / themes
* iCloud sync of your bookmarks (click on sync button at the bottom of bookmark screen to back up your verses and notes). When you reinstall the app, bookmarks will be restored automatically
* Landscape mode support
...and many more features
We strove hard to avoid any mistakes. However, should you find any mistakes or any reproducible bugs please email us and we will try to fix it as soon as possible with the next update.
This is a free app, with no ads or in-app purchases, but we ask to please keep us in your prayers if you like the app. Thanks for all the great feedback and positive emails from so many of you.
What's New in Version 3.5
DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!!
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله تعالة و براكة brothers and sisters this app is BEYOND FAKE the developers and reciters are not even Muslim this app offers translations to words such as Alif Laam Meem which only Allah knows the meanings to, not even our beloved prophet Muhammad (pbuh) knew the meaning to these words . The developers are clearly not Muslim and this app is a way of leading us astray from the Straight Path may Allah forgive us for listening to these translations . The developers of the app tried saying that if we make a mistake please message us but do they not know that the Quran is checked over hundreds over times by different people to make sure it has the CORRECT meaning? Brothers and sisters open your eyes (only reason I'm rating 1 is because I HAVE to rate to post) may Allah forgive us and protect us
Major mistakes in translation
There are many mistakes and fabricated words in the translation. Please do not download this app. This is probably done by someone with bad Intentions. Example it gives the meanings of Alif Laam Meen letters like this have no meaning the meaning is unknown but this app gives the meanings of these letters therefore it's fake and wrong.
I cut my dogs head off after reading this. Would not recommend