By Independent Digital News & Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free from political bias, The Independent newspaper is proud to live up to its name. With our iPhone app all stories are available to read and share for free, with issues of the print newspaper available on screen with a subscription.
The Independent iPhone app presents our latest content in a clear and informative layout, making it simple to navigate, read and share the latest stories, whether or not you are connected to the internet.
The following features are all in the FREE area of the app:
● Latest news, comment, features and sport: Updated throughout the day to ensure you can easily follow breaking stories
● Videos: Our new video gallery provides clips of the latest news and viral videos
● Puzzles: Tackle your favourite crosswords, sudokus and codewords directly in the app
● Weather: Up-to-date forecasts for the whole of the UK
● Social: Share and comment on your favourite stories with Facebook, Twitter & Google+
In the premium area of the app:
● E-editions: For a small subscription fee (below), read the pages of the latest edition of the newspaper, plus a 30-day archive, including every supplement, exactly as they were printed.
One-week subscription at £2.99
One-month subscription at £12.99
One-year subscription at £149.99
Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account. The subscription will auto-renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring. Auto-renewing subscriptions can be managed via Account Settings, allowing them to be turned off. No cancellations of the current subscription are allowed during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 6.6.1
Minor bug fixes
Quality news app
The only minor quibble I have is the quick crossword has lost its 'back' arrow so I have to close the app and start again. Otherwise quality news from a quality paper on an app done well
The App is not quite as user-friendly and quick to load as the Guardian App, but it works and gives great access to the content. A decent balance between advertising and content.
Great journalism, app can be clunky
As other posts here have testified the content is generally top notch. The app is pretty good and when working well is beautifully simple to use. However it is not always as stable as one might wish for.
- Category: News
- Updated: 10 November 2015
- Version: 6.6.1
- Size: 30.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Independent Digital News & Media Limited
- 2015 © independent.co.uk
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases