The Independent Daily Edition: UK & World News
By Independent Digital News & Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Subscribe to The Independent Daily Edition, which features all the award-winning journalism from our newspaper, designed for a premium digital experience on your iPad and iPhone.
Keep-up-to date with the latest global headlines as well as articles, analysis and opinion from our award-winning columnists. Your new digital daily edition of The Independent gives you todays’ stories behind the headlines, with full global coverage of what is happening around the world and sections to enjoy such as News, Voices, Culture, Lifestyle, Business, Tech and Sport.
- Read our truly independent political analysis, international reportage, in-depth business coverage, tech and lifestyle articles, free-thinking opinions and more today and every day.
- Follow our award-winning writers, including Robert Fisk on the Middle East, and our top feature writers, including the acclaimed Simon Calder on Travel.
- Play interactive Crossword, Codeword and Sudoku puzzles each day on your iPad or IPhone
The latest digital edition will automatically download each morning for you to enjoy through the day and stay up to date with todays headlines and breaking news stories. The Independent Daily Edition presents a far more digital native reading experience for readers, the app is universal and tailored to whatever device you choose to read it upon. The app allows for font size changes, portrait or landscape orientation and plenty of other convenient user friendly qualities.
News, Voices, Section 2, Obituaries, Business, Tech, Lifestyle, Sport, Crossword, Codeword, Sudoku. Additional stories and content from weekend supplements The New Review, Radar, Traveller and The Independent Magazine on Saturday and Sunday including Entertainment, Restaurants, Interiors, Gardening, Travel, Living, Cars and Property
The Independent Daily Edition offers you quality news commentary, informed political opinion, business updates, finance issues with detailed coverage of national and global headlines and incisive articles from an award winning team of journalists. Download the app today and start to discover the future of newspapers…
- Read the full range of The Independent’s content with simple navigation in an easy to use format
- Save stories and articles offline so that you can enjoy them later, at a time when it suits you
- Browse award-winning journalism, enjoy concise informative content on Culture, Tech and Lifestyle
- Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
- Comprehensive global sports coverage and the latest football results
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
1) Weekly, Monthly and Annual subscriptions can be purchased and these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
2) Existing Independent app subscribers can use the app by validating their email address and password within the app.
The weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions are auto-renewing subscriptions. Prices for the subscriptions are £2.99 for the seven day offering, £12.99 for one month and £149.99 for the annual subscription. Payment for this subscription will be charged to your iTunes account upon purchase. The subscription will auto-renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring. Auto-renewing subscriptions can be managed via Account Settings allowing them to be turned off. No cancellations of the current subscription are allowed during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 4.4.2
Fix to the log in process that was causing issues for some users
Rating my favourite read for unbiased news
For years I heard people rate t he Independent very highly, but it took a long time till I despaired of the biased reporting of Jeremy Corbyn and other important issues in the newspaper I read on line, and decided to switch. I was amazed to find quite a different view of the one I support. But it is the other issues that the paper covers adds up to a five star rating.
Great app; occasionally has its glitches like all apps do but customer support is quick to respond and resolve. If you want a truly independent view of the state of our country then this is for you...
Still enjoying reading the Independent
The paper continues to present a measured view of U.K. and world events. The hysteria found even in the broadsheets is quite off putting at times. I was happy to renew my subscription.
- Category: News
- Updated: 21 June 2017
- Version: 4.4.2
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Independent Digital News & Media Limited
- © 2016 Independent Digital News & Media Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Independent Digital Subscription£2.99
- The Independent Digital Subscription£12.99
- The Independent digital subscription.£9.99
- The Independent Digital Subscription£149.99
- The Independent 15/07/17£1.99
- The Independent 02/04/16£1.99
- The Independent 23/07/17£1.99
- The Independent 25/06/16£1.99
- The Independent 22/07/17£1.99
- The Independent 27/03/16£1.99