The Last Express
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Step aboard the 1914 Orient Express in this award-winning mystery adventure from Prince of Persia creator Jordan Mechner, now for the first time on iOS!
JULY, 1914. With Europe on the brink of war, the luxurious Orient Express departs Paris for Constantinople, plunging American doctor Robert Cath into a maelstrom of treachery, romance, and international intrigue.
The Last Express is a complete, faithful iOS version of the internationally-acclaimed 1997 PC classic.
- 20+ hours of game play
- Interact with 30+ characters who behave like actual people on a train -- moving about in real-time and conversing in their native languages
- Eavesdrop on conversations, sneak into compartments, and uncover clues
- Explore a richly detailed, historically accurate 3D recreation of the 1914 Orient Express
- Your actions affect other characters’ behavior, making every play-through different
- Rewind feature allows you to back up to any point in the story and choose a different course of action
- Playable in 5 languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
EXCLUSIVE ADDITIONAL FEATURES ONLY FOR iOS:
- Unlock challenging achievements that test your sleuthing skills
- Dynamic, 3-tiered hint system created specifically for iOS
- 20 unlockable character biographies
- Unlock cinematics to replay at any time
**** Reviews ! 90% on Metacritic ****
"The Last Express is just one of those games that adventure fans, or just fans of a good story, need to play." 4/4 - Slide To Play
"A shining example of how deeply gameplay and storytelling can be intertwined" 5/5 - AppSpy
"It's a piece of videogame history and a shining example of what can be done to create an experience so much more immersive than the Heavy Rains of today." - 8/10, Destructoid
“Exquisite design and a literary story. A thrilling ride.” – Newsweek
“The top adventure game… thumbs up by all ages and both genders.” – Family PC
“A masterpiece.” – Computer Games Strategy Plus
“Gripping… amazing… totally unique. The best adventure game I have ever played. Beautiful, skillfully crafted, and worth every penny and hour of your time.” – Games Domain Review
FOR MORE ABOUT THE LAST EXPRESS, VISIT:
What's New in Version 1.03
- Fixed touch control issues
- Fully optimized for iPhone 5
Fab game, iffy controls
Utterly love the game. Real time makes it very involving, like you're actually there. Only downside is that you don't want to miss anything, but you can rewind at any time and try listening at a different door or following another character. The storyline is really enjoyable and the characters are fun.
This would easily rate five stars if not for the controls. I got used to them quite quickly, right up until a fight near the end. No matter how quickly I tap down to block a blow, I keep getting killed. Don't know if I'll be able to complete the game. Will try a few attempts each day.
The amount of hours I spent getting this to work on DOS on my open pandora console, with sound glitches etc, and now I stumble upon this in the store, is amazing! It is one of the most important games of its time, graphics, open gameplay and the original way you can rewind mistakes etc. This is a must buy for all those who enjoyed it before, as the graphics and gameplay are so much better, also supporting this game could give rise to developers choosing to remaster such similar original epics in the future. Definitely A****!!!
Don't hesitate..buy this game!
I grew up playing this game and was over the moon when it appeared on the App Store! It still retains it's charm and the real time gameplay is very impressive. I used to have to play it with a walk through so as not to miss anything so I'm glad they have included hints in this version! Bravo Dot Emu-buy this game today! Now all I need is an iOS port of Dark Earth and my life is complete!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 27 October 2012
- Version: 1.03
- Size: 1.36 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: DotEmu
- © Copyright 2012 Waterwheel, Inc. DotEmu SAS.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.