The London Coffee Guide
By Allegra Publications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The London Coffee Guide is your essential companion to London’s best independent coffee venues. From cutting-edge Soho espresso bars, to hidden neighbourhood gems, the 215 cafés, carts and kiosks profiled in this app represent the best of the capital’s flourishing speciality coffee culture.
• Detailed venue profiles: including expert review, photo, contact details, coffee supplier, prices, equipment and brew methods
• Authoritative ratings: for coffee and overall experience
• Facility symbols: see venue features at a glance, including disabled access, parent & baby friendly etc.
• Advanced search and filtering functionality: search by venue name, sort by coffee rating, or filter by specific venue features
• GPS-assisted map: easily locate and navigate to venues near you
• Coffee knowledge: learn about the history of London cafés and demystify coffee terminology with the Coffee Glossary
• Latest news: be the first to know about new openings and other developments on the London coffee scene
• Microroaster listings: information about the best speciality roasters
• Share and Feedback: share your discoveries with friends and provide feedback on venues
Connect with us: @ldncoffeeguide or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Allegra Publications:
This app is brought to you by the publishers of the printed London Coffee Guide book. Allegra Publications is sister company of Allegra Strategies, a leading research consultancy specialising in the coffee shop sector, and Allegra Events, organisers of The London Coffee Festival.
What's New in Version 2.0
Added new cafes and carts for a total of 215 profiles. All profiles fully revised and updated, Support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, added twitter link.
Just a bit too thin
I bought this app so that when I'm visiting London (not a city that I know in fine detail) I can find a decent coffee when I am out and about. But there are only 215 coffee venues in their database -- and since the app covers the wider London area (not just the tourist central bit) I have often been disappointed using this app to find that there is only perhaps just one coffee-shop listed within a mile or two of my current location. But as I walk round I see loads of coffee places in London, really loads and loads. I guess Allegra Publications is an offshoot of the Allegra organisation that is a sort-of trade association for serious coffee roasters/retailers, and so the only listings are those of companies that are paid-up members of Allegra. For a paid-for app, I think it pretty poor value: it doesn't really scratch the surface of the coffee-selling outlets in the teeming metropolis.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 04 April 2016
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 14.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Allegra Publications Ltd
- © 2015 Allegra Publications Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.