The Loop Magazine
By Jim Dalrymple
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It's important that you understand what the magazine is about — in two words it's "creativity and passion". Every article we publish is written by a creative person who is passionate about their subject. The writers care deeply about what they do, and want to share those experiences with enthusiastic and discerning readers like you.
We publish issues once a month.
Subscriptions are $1.99 per month and include access to all back issues. Subscriptions are billed and auto-renewed each month as follows:
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly rate at the time of renewal.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited upon purchase of a subscription.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Fixed an occasional crash occurring during issue download
An eclectic mix of random essays
I'm was surprisingly disappointed by this magazine, having been recommended it as a good source of Apple related information.
Each issue contains about six short essays. A couple will be more or less uncritical articles about how fantastic some aspect of Apple, its hardware, its software or Steve Jobs is (particularly in comparison to anything computer related that didn't originate from Apple). One or two more will likely be about some aspect of the music industry an the remainder will be random items of the sort that used to appear in Reader's Digest. (See your grandparents for details about Reader's Digest).
This month's essays include one about how Norway has a lot of car ferries, how everyone gets older and why in-car navigation systems are so much worse than the iPhone.
It's difficult to know who the magazine is aimed at. If you put to one side the random essays; the Apple related ones are clearly intended for a more than averagely technical audience while remaining resolutely non-technical. Probably perfect material for an Apple owner sitting in a doctor's waiting room.
(Content aside) 5 out of 5 for the format and presentation.
The best magazine is even better
I am a huge fan of The Loop Magazine. It has just the right amount of articles which all seem to be of interest to me even if I didn't think they would. The app is beautifully put together gliding through each article clickable links and engaging photos. And finally this is no 1gb pdf to download every couple of weeks it's tiny that I can download each magazine using either wifi or cellular. That has to be a first. It's truly world class and if apple designed a magazine I think they would struggle to do one as great as this. Rob (London)
Publishing is not twice a month
This magazine has been a great disappointment to me. Issue 26 was published on 1st May. Issue 27 was published on 30th May. There has been no issue published in the month of June.
This is now 3issues that I have paid for in good faith and not received, with a 4th very close to being overdue.
The content is interesting and the visual design is good, but value for money is very poor.
An email to Jim has not been replied to.
With regret I am terminating my subscription.
The 1 star rating relates to the lack of issues,not the content.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 22 March 2014
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 17.2 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Developer: Jim Dalrymple
- © 2013 Jim Dalrymple
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Loop Magazine£1.49
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 22£1.49
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 14£1.49
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 32£1.49
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 15£1.49
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 16£1.49
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 33£1.49
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 12£1.49
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 19£1.49
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 13£1.49