Night Sky is a powerful AR personal planetarium.
Quickly identify stars, planets, constellations and satellites above by simply holding your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to the Night Sky! This is all done magically. Whether you’re looking for a constellation or the International Space Station, let Night Sky direct you to it, then explore the object in AR!
- NEW - AR OBJECT EXPLORATION - Pull Planets, Stars and Constellations out of the sky and look at them in AR! In Night Sky 6 we’ve enabled the ability to pull celestial objects out of the sky! The Object Exploration screen then creates a 3D object centre for you to explore in more detail. From here get detailed data, add a Siri Shortcut to the object and even share the object via iMessage etc... with USDZ! When you’re done just throw the object back into the Night Sky!
- NEW - NIGHT SKY SIRI SHORTCUTS - “Hey Siri, show me where the International Space Station is!”… with iOS 12 create a Siri Shortcut, then just ask Siri where any planet or even the ISS is, and Night Sky will direct you to it!
- NEW - AR GLASS CONSTELLATIONS WITH STAR DEPTH - Night Sky 6 brings all new even more detailed Glass Constellation models! Pull your favorite constellation from the sky and see it in 3D enabling you to see the depth and distance of the stars behind it!
- NEW - AR PLANETARY PORTALS (Premium Feature) - Step onto the surface of other planets by placing AR portals around your room! AR Portals also support shared experiences and persistence with ARKIt 2.0!
- NEW - PLANETARIUM VISITS - Find your nearest local planetarium from the new Planetarium feature. When visiting hold your device to any model or image of a planet and get instant access to a 3D model and more information on the object just like magic!
- AR GRAND ORRERY (Premium Feature) : With iOS 12 bring the Solar System into your home or classroom with the Grand Orrery feature and share the experience with other devices! Use augmented reality to walk around the entire solar system, manipulating time and space with your fingertips! A super powerful and super magical experience, only possible with Night Sky and iOS 12!
- NIGHT SKY TOURS (Premium Feature): Get a live tour or create your own tours for any location and time in the world! Just drop a pin on the world map, and Night Sky will generate a Sky Tour for that location and save it into My Tours for quick and easy access. Be sure to create a tour for your favorite camp site, and next summer vacation! Your tours are then synced via iCloud to view with Night Sky on tvOS and vice versa!
- MY SKY NOTIFICATIONS - Completely customize your notifications in Night Sky. Favorite any object from satellites to constellations, and be informed when that object is rising for your current location. Rich notifications appear on your iOS device with beautiful animations. You’ll always be aware when your favorite celestial objects are about to rise!
- POWERFUL SKY VIEW: Identify every celestial object, deep sky objects, beautiful Glass Constellations, Light Spectrum vision with mesmerising visuals, two finger gesture to increase or decrease Light Pollution, & seamless multilayered animated 3D models.
- AR ON APPLE WATCH: We have brought AR to Apple Watch. Simply raise your wrist to the sky to quickly identify stars, planets and constellations!
- + MANY MORE FEATURES!
Optional Night Sky Premium is available for $1.99/month or $9.99/year (or equivalent currency). You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. Auto-renew may also be turned off from here.
Terms and conditions: http://www.icandiapps.com/icandiapps/terms-conditions/
Thank you for using Night Sky! Version 6.4.1 brings the following enhancements:
+ Introducing Night Sky for Life - get access to all Night Sky Premium features for life with no subscription.
+ Updated support contact information at NightSky.com
+ Additional bug fixes and minor enhancements.
If you enjoy using Night Sky a great review on the App Store is always appreciated. If there is anything we can do to improve the experience for you, please reach out to the team who will be happy to help at Support@NightSky.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but doesnt live up to its standards
First of all, let me start off by saying this app is great and very detailed. Love the info about about everything. I have this on my ipad and currently running the trial. My only problem is that even though the augmented reality feature is accurate, the camera function (where the stars and constellations in the app are projected on the sky through your screen) doesn't show the exact location of the stars and constellations. Its just either on the left or right of the actual location of the star. This bugs me because id expect more from an app that asks nearly £10 for a year. I have all the settings set to the recommendations. Please fix this because your app is great and i wouldn't want to stop using it because of this. Im not sure if its a glitch or something wrong with the app but its the same with my iPhone and ipad. I use this to find stars for when im gazing through my telescope, but this makes it quite hard to find stars and planets like mars and jupiter as its inaccurate. Fix this please.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! This could be a calibration issue. In order to make sure your device is calibrated correctly, please make sure you are not using a third party case on your device. This can sometimes interfere with the compass causing an inaccurate reading. Also please make sure you have allowed Night Sky access to your location, you can confirm this by running the Tutorial from the main menu. Also you can manually align the sky using the compass alignment tool, just tap the triangular shape in the top left hand side of the screen to do this then swipe the sky to tweak alignment. We hope this has helped, however if we can be of anymore assistance, please reach out to the team at Support@iCandiApps.com. We hope to earn your 5 star review!
Highly recommend to any amateur astronomer! I have been using this app for a few months now and I am very impressed. It has a gorgeous, sleek design, relevant information about stars and deep-sky objects alike, up-to-date news and beautiful stargazing music. I use this app frequently when observing and its choice of a well-designed red display (to aid dark adaption) is a crucial aspect of a successful observing session. Not to mention the simplicity of holding up your device, and immediately being shown a description of the star you are pointing at. In my opinion, this is the best astronomy app and being only 14 years old myself, it has broadened my horizons of the world of astronomy. I shall continue using this amazing app and hopefully others will discover it too. 💫🙏
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Happy stargazing!
From one time purchase to monthly subs
A stunning application! Although I will never be happy about paying for something and then getting turfed into the free crowd. I do appreciate the developers responses. It does show commitment and I do value their position to make money to support the software even if the model was in hindsight. It does take swear and tears to do. I program myself - I know. The latest update that includes the Tesla and Humanity Star is a nice touch and glad it was added. The app is also looking beautiful with the Milky Way coloring.
Old Reply to Developer response:
I really appreciate dev responses but it’s not a question of canceling the subscription. It’s the fact you guys changed your one time purchase app that I paid good money for into a subscription service. Existing users should have had the ability to stay connected for their original purchase price. You could have had a solution for this type of user.
Old Original review: I am getting so sick of apps charging an initial costs then later switching to in-app purchasing and monthly subscriptions. Seriously.. you should give all existing users free premium when you change the model of payment.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your updated review. We're pleased we earned your 5 star review and will continue to deliver great updates to Night Sky going forward. If we can be of any further assistance, please reach out to the team at Support@iCandiApps.com who will be happy to help. Happy stargazing!
Previous Response: Thank you for your updated review. To address your concerns, we do have a solution to users that paid for Night Sky as a one off between 2011 and mid 2016. That is the free version now actually has more functionality than the versions paid for several years ago. We then were able to move to a subscription model giving much more users great functionality for free, whilst having an optional subscription for our latest features and technology which costs a lot to develop. This way users who paid years ago and choose not to subscribe, maintain, and actually gain functionality which our premium users help fund development of. Those users who do subscribe, are always guaranteed access to our latest features and enhancements. Ultimately it is impossible to maintain a business model where a user pays a small one off fee (similar price to a chocolate bar), and then receive years of free updates to the latest features. You wouldn’t purchase 1 chocolate bar and expect additional ones for free years later. So the free app with subscription is the best solution for the entire user base. We hope this has helped explain.
Original response: Thank you for your review. You are able to cancel your subscription by using the 'Manage Subscription' button from the main menu within Night Sky. We hope this has helped, and we hope to earn your 5 star review. If you need any further assistance, please reach out to the team at Support@iCandiApps.com who will be happy to help.
- iCandi Apps
- 637.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © iCandi Apps Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Night Sky Premium Monthly £1.99
- Night Sky Premium Annual £9.49
- Premium Monthly Discounted £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.