By Touch Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** As featured in Apple ads ***
*** Winner of the 2013 Creative Communication RPS Music Award ***
Rediscover classical music with the groundbreaking app, The Orchestra. Esa-Pekka Salonen conducts the world-renowned Philharmonia performing extended extracts from eight works representing three centuries of symphonic music.
The app allows real-time selection of multiple video and audio tracks, along with an automatically synchronised score and dynamic graphical note-by-note visualisation of each piece as it is played.. The result is an immersive environment for exploring the music and all the instruments of the orchestra.
• Multi-camera, multi-track performances of eight pieces with automatically synchronised full score, curated score, or simplified representation.
• Mesmeric synchronised BeatMap highlights each and every note played on a graphical representation of the orchestra.
• Optional audio and/or subtitle commentaries on every piece from both the conductor and the players.
• Discover how each instrument works, and read, watch and hear the musicians themselves explain their role in the orchestra.
• Insightful text on the pieces, composers and instruments specially written by Mark Swed, music critic of the LA Times.
Stunning fully interactive video playback allows complete real-time control of the iPad screen in both landscape and portrait orientation.
• Haydn: Symphony No 6
• Beethoven: Symphony No 5
• Berlioz: Symphony Fantastique
• Debussy: Prélude à l'après midi d'un faune
• Mahler: Symphony No 6
• Stravinsky: The Firebird
• Lutosławski: Concerto for Orchestra
• Salonen: Violin Concerto
English, 日本語 (Japanese), Deutsch, Français
The Orchestra is created by Touch Press (the people behind The Elements, The Waste Land and Disney Animated) in partnership with Rite Digital and Music Sales.
Touch Press’ music apps – The Orchestra, Beethoven’s 9th Symphony and The Liszt Sonata – won the 2013 Royal Philharmonic Society’s Music Award for Creative Communication.
If you enjoy The Orchestra, don’t forget to share the app, rate it and leave a review.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Minor bug fixes
The advertisement on TV gave me the impression it would be the equivalent of an orchestral GarageBand style app, and for £6.99 that's what I expected, but no, it is more like an informational app. And also I would like to add, I had to delete a lot of music and pictures just to install it because the file is so large.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 03 July 2014
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 1.97 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Developer: Touch Press LLP
- © Touch Press LLP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Solo Audio£0.69