The Original Tale of Peter Rabbit
By Penguin Books
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only authorised Peter Rabbit™ app featuring stunning animation, 3-D scenes, sound effects, narration and great games.
* The original and authorized edition of The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter, published by Frederick Warne & Co
* Animated action and rich 3-D sound effects throughout the story
* Parallax scenes provide a 3-D view of Peter Rabbit’s world and feature fun hidden extras
* Four entertaining and educational games and colouring activities
* Appeals to all ages
Great games and activities:
• Three matching games, perfect for all ages – choose from Colours, Numbers and Baby Animals.
• The Hide Peter game pits our naughty rabbit against Mr. McGregor – only the fastest fingers can save our hapless hero!
• Test your reactions in the Hungry Bunny game by helping Peter Rabbit catch juicy vegetables but avoid fish and old boots.
• Choose from 6 classic scenes from The Tale of Peter Rabbit to colour or complete using magic colouring.
Published in 1902, 250 million copies of The Tale of Peter Rabbit have been sold worldwide making Beatrix Potter’s timeless story one of the most famous children’s books of all time. More than a hundred years after it was first published, this classic tale of a mischievous rabbit stealing vegetables from Mr. McGregor’s garden has been digitally re-imagined by publishers Frederick Warne & Co for the iPad, iTouch and iPhone. Featuring the original text and illustrations, the pages are beautifully enhanced with pictures that come to life, realistic sound effects and a ‘read to me’ option as well as a narration by Rosemary Leach and music composed Carl Davis. The amazing surround sound is best appreciated through the use of headphones.
In addition to the tale itself, this app opens up Peter Rabbit’s world for users to explore with 3-D scenes of his burrow, Mr. McGregor’s toolshed, the vegetable garden and the wood. Each scene features a game and a hidden extra (such as letters from Peter Rabbit to Mr. McGregor enquiring after his cabbages!).
The Original Tale of Peter Rabbit app from Penguin Books Limited (“Penguin Books”) uses a third party app service provider (“Flurry”) in order to create accurate, real time user data reports so that Penguin Books can continue to improve the app user experience. The service collects and submits anonymous aggregated data about which app features are being used most frequently as well as your mobile device UDID (unique phone Identifiers) and/or IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identities), which are also anonymised via a secure hashing protocol, to Flurry servers. This information will be used to continually improve the features and functionality that Penguin Books releases in its subsequent versions of its mobile apps.
What's New in Version 1.1
Fixed text rendering in story and general bug fixes
At Penguin’s suggestion, I deleted the App from my ‘phone and frommy computer and re-downloaded it from my Purchases in the App Store. It seems fine now.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: 25 September 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 238 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Penguin Books
- © 2011 Penguin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.