The Other Brothers
By Simian Squared Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocketgamer - "The Other Brothers has the potential to be the best mobile platformer of 2013. Seriously." - Top 20 Anticipated iOS Games of 2013
TouchArcade - "A really slick-looking pixel-art-packed platformer that we've had our eyes on for quite some time now." Top 10 most anticipated upcoming games
Kotaku - "What I'm liking about how this is shaping up isn't just the fact its visuals are all retro-inspired, but the controls as well."
Indiestatik - "The Other Brothers is interesting for a number of reasons that lie beyond its attractive pixel art. Levels are non-linear and encourage exploration!"
••• INSERT COIN •••
The Other Brothers is a •difficult• and challenging platform adventure which appeals to people who love a bold pixel art aesthetic combined with cutting edge rendering techniques.
With today's technology we are able to bring back that classic 16-bit aesthetic and combine it with modern mechanics, physics and gameplay to bring you a platforming experience like no other!
• Pixel art • is a beautiful art form that was swept away by the advances in 3D graphics. We are bringing it back for the new generation and making it better than ever!
Join The Other Brothers: Joe and Jim, as they traverse junkyards, cities, sewers and more as they battle the mafia, police, robots, ninjas and monsters in an ill-fated attempt at rescue... but do our heroes know exactly what they're getting into?
••• Experience New Retro! •••
• Experience a striking, modern twist on the 16-bit Platformer genre
• Unique eye-popping and hand painted pixel art style
• Rock out to the original soundtrack written and recorded especially!
• Explore unique, multi-path levels that you'll come back to time and again
• Fight entertaining enemies with personality, can you discover their weaknesses?
• Action packed, original boss fights
• Entertaining hand crafted cut scenes
• High replay value and rewarding gameplay
• 3 Star rating system and unlockable character
• Simian Tech engine provides authentic Mode 7 visuals
• 3 different control options to try
••• TOP TIPS •••
TOB is a very challenging game, for skilled gamers:
• Hold jump when jumping to jump that bit higher
• Hold jump after stomping to bounce higher
• You can double jump higher at the apex!
• Use B to attack if you collect weapons
• Always keep a pigeon on you - if you are hit get one ASAP!
• All enemies have unique AI - lure them into attacking first.
• Redefine the controls in options and tailor them.
What's New in Version 1.1
• New Control Options!
• iCade Support
• iControlpad Support
Dirty marioverse that is utterly awesome!
: with the new update it works perfectly on my iCade and has more dpad customisations than any other game I own. Thank you, Simian Squared! I will always be a fan now.
Ok where to begin? First treat the controls gently they are great but not like other retro games... Actually a lot better. Love the whole world and everything in it! I sometimes stalk the enemies just to see what they say to each other. The amount of detail. The smoothness. The fx. The music. The playability. The graphics and more... I'm waiting now painfully for the next update because THIS IS THE BEST. End of.
I would rate this 5* if they could nail the interface issues as the rest of the game looks and sounds great. real nostalgia tug! Unfortunately you just can’t play it. I was looking forward to this soo much but I couldn’t force myself to continue with the first level and deleted it the same afternoon i installed it. I’ll keep checking for better controls.
The problem is that they treat the virtual D-pad (the best control option) as if it were real, other games seem to have worked around issues like your thumb loosing track of initial button placement but the other brothers doesn’t acknowledge this issue.
I nearly deleted this but glad I didn't
I downloaded this as it became cheap, I have to say apart from the controls I like it but due to been unplayable I left it soon after I bought it.
I wasn't expecting the control improvements or even an update so very excited I can now start playing the game, it's far better now the d pad doesn't move everywhere.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 13 April 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 55.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Simian Squared Ltd
- © 2013 3D ATTACK
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.