The Scotsman Newspaper
By Johnston Publishing Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Scotsman Newspaper app brings you full colour PDF versions of Scotland’s national newspaper, every newspaper supplement and Scotland on Sunday, all presented in pristine detail and designed to be enjoyed on your tablet device.
Updated early each morning seven days a week, the app gives you the opportunity to read the full edition of the paper and its supplements over breakfast, or download them for offline reading later.
In the app’s archive, you get access to full PDF versions of the paper for the past 30 days, including every supplement and the weekly Scotland on Sunday.
The supplements include:
• The Scotsman Magazine
• Festival Guide (published throughout August)
When viewing a paper or supplement, you can pinch and zoom to enlarge the pages and articles, swipe through or jump to the next or other pages, use the search functionality to find specific articles, and view full pages either in single page portrait or double page spread landscape mode.
In addition, the app features the latest news from Scotsman.com, updated throughout the day and including photo slideshows and videos, which can all be shared on social media.
The news sections available are as follows:
• Scottish News – latest in-depth news from around Scotland
• UK/International News – reports and analysis from the UK and further afield
• Business – in-depth coverage from The Scotsman's expert business journalists
• Sport – with a Scottish perspective from the country's best football, rugby and golf writers
• Opinion – app-exclusive comment and analysis on the key issues affecting Scotland
• Lifestyle – in-depth interviews, insightful reportage, incisive arts criticism and the best of Scottish lifestyle
• Heritage – distinctly Scottish, a fascinating perspective on Scots history and culture
• Edinburgh Evening News – the best content from The Scotsman’s sister title, the Edinburgh Evening News
The Scotsman Newspaper app brings you the very best in news, sport, entertainment, other features and more from across Scotland and the world, with full daily editions exactly as printed.
The Scotsman Newspaper app is free for 30 days and then available through monthly subscription which is auto-renewing and priced at £7.99 per month. This gives access to both the digital content and the paper editions within the app .Payment for this subscription will be charged to your iTunes account upon purchase. The subscription will auto-renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring. Auto-renewing subscriptions can be managed via Account Settings allowing them to be turned off. No cancellations of the current subscription are allowed during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 2.6
Piss-poor app. Does it's job OK when it works, but every time Apple upgrades its system, it locks you out. You have to phone "Subscriptions " to ask them to unlock it. Speak to a toneless automaton of a woman whose "name?, postcode?, address?, that's it now!" is obviously intended to be acceptable. On discussion, she said that I should be speaking to Apple about the problem. Does everyone of my apps fail with an upgrade? No. if she can unlock and reset the access in one second, why is that not automatic?
- Category: News
- Updated: 27 October 2016
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 22.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Johnston Publishing Ltd
- © Johnston Publishing Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Scotsman Subscription£7.99