The Settlers HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"the game does offer a solid and deep experience with beautiful graphics. The missions and the maps are elaborate enough to offer hours of play, bringing enough to separate itself from other games in the genre." (TouchArcade)
Welcome to the world of The Settlers! You’ve arrived in a wondrous place populated by Romans, Vikings and Mayans competing or cooperating to reach a variety of goals. These goals include occupying land, ensuring the supply of raw materials, or simply trying to create the most beautiful settlement. There is more than one path which leads to success – you can engage in trade, forge alliances, or lead your army into battle.
Plunge into this adaptation of the critically acclaimed PC game, widely popular for offering a well balanced mix of strategy and building management, now with optimized gameplay for iPad.
- Gather resources and build a lively and bustling town in an ancient world. Your decisions and skill in managing and protecting your settlement will determine its fate.
- The strength of your units depends on how effectively you have built up your settlement and paid attention to the economic relationships within it.
- Three nations to govern: Conquer new territories, defeat rival armies, and establish an empire with your warriors that encompasses lands and continents.
- A huge number of parameters to manage: Dozens of building’s types, settlements, soldiers, raw materials, and much more.
- An accessible game for everybody, thanks to extensive tutorial missions and multi-touch gameplay, ideal for strategy games.
HELP FOR THE FIRST CHAPTER (level 3)
Once you have recruited 8 pioneers, follow these steps to expand the borders:
- Tap the cart with the donkey.
- Tap the “Transform to Migration Cart” icon at the bottom of the screen. The icon is highlighted in purple. You can now put tools, pioneers and carriers into the cart. Make sure you do not forget any of your 8 pioneers. It takes a while for the resources and the pioneers to get to the migration cart, so please be patient.
- Bring the cart to the location your Settlers have found for the new colony.
- Once the cart has arrived at the new location, unload the tools (tap the central icon at the bottom of the screen) and watch your pioneers start expanding the territory.
- Adding more carriers will help you a lot in the game and will stop any kind of bottlenecks. About 15 carriers should be enough for a medium-sized settlement. Make sure you don't have any idle settlers in the countryside.
- The location of the Smiths is important: if it they aren't close enough to an Iron Smelter or Coal Mine, production will slow down. Having a low number of carriers can also stop weapon production if you have any other building projects going on, because those are the carriers' main priorities.
- The only way to destroy enemy non-military buildings is by capturing the enemy towers around them. For example, in level 5 of the first chapter, the temple cannot be destroyed by attacking it with your army. You will gain the territory around the towers and, as result, any enemy buildings in your new territory will be destroyed instantly.
End-User License Agreement: http://www.gameloft.com/eula/?lang=en
What's New in Version 1.0.4
The Settlers III on your iPad
If you liked The Settlers on the computer then you're almost guaranteed to love this! This is basically The Settlers III which has been updated for touch screen and works brilliantly on the iPad, as far as I can tell every part of the original computer version is here except for skirmish, but the lack of skirmish is not enough to detract from what is here - it's definitely five-star material, and for a mere 59p right now it's a steal!
Now I can take The Settlers with me where ever I go and waste my youth all over again. Maybe a future update might add skirmish and multi-player modes, we can always hope!
I didn't have any problems working through the tutorials, it's just a matter of doing exactly what the game tells you to do but to the uninitiated it may seem a little confusing at first as it's different to other games of this genre.
no bug on 3rd mission & great game! :D
its not a bug on the third mission so much as user error, i know because i did it! just make sure you put the waterworkers hut next to the stream rather than the sea otherwise he wont work, wont produce water, which means your donkey ranch wont get any water and produxe donkeys and you cant progress... so dont be put off this game by the thought that you cant get past the third mission if you do because you will be needlessly missing out otherwise!
great game, really true to original settlers games (so far as i can remember - last one i played was over a decade ago lol). already spent hours on it and only just finished the roman campaign... at 2am... lol
thoroughly recomend. also if developers are out there, a skirmish mode a la c&c style wouldnt go amiss as suggested earlier, but its absence is certainly not a negative point!
Boring and far too complicated
I bought this game looking for something close to Age of Empires which is so far not available on the iPad. I'm a fan of strategy games so was hoping this would be a good one to add to the collection. Ive tried to play it three times now, and put some real hours in, but i just cant get into it. It's laborious to play. You have to build a coal mine, recruit miners, get an iron smelter, build a workshop, make tools, recruit more people, make a farm to feed the miners, build a sheep far, then a butcher, then a bakery. For gods sake! I just want to go out to battle! This would all be okay, if it was easy to navigate and work out what you need to do next, but all the buildings in the menu look the same and once you are past the training levels you're on your own.
I get about twenty minutes in and think "I just can't be bothered".
I'm sure there will be people out there who love this kind of detailed orientated game, but Age of Empires it definitely isn't.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 16 November 2010
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 258 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: Gameloft
- The Settlers, Blue Byte and the Blue Byte logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment. Red Storm Entertainment Inc is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. © 2009 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.