Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the world of The Settlers! You’ve arrived in a wondrous place populated by Romans, Vikings and Mayans competing or cooperating to reach a variety of goals. These goals include occupying land, ensuring the supply of raw materials, or simply trying to create the most beautiful settlement. There is more than one path which leads to success – you can engage in trade, forge alliances, or lead your army into battle.
Plunge into this adaptation of the critically acclaimed PC game, widely popular for offering a well balanced mix of strategy and building management, now with optimized gameplay for iPhone / iPod touch.
- Gather resources and build a lively and bustling town in an ancient world. Your decisions and skill in managing and protecting your settlement will determine its fate.
- The strength of your units depends on how effectively you have built up your settlement and paid attention to the economic relationships within it.
- Three nations to govern: Conquer new territories, defeat rival armies, and establish an empire with your warriors that encompasses lands and continents.
- A huge number of parameters to manage: Dozens of building’s types, settlements, soldiers, raw materials, and much more.
- An accessible game for everybody, thanks to extensive tutorial missions and multi-touch gameplay, ideal for strategy games.
End-User License Agreement: http://www.gameloft.com/eula/?lang=en
What's New in Version 1.1.9
Updated for iPhone 4 and iOS 4
- Support for iOS 4 multitasking on compatible devices: switch between your favorite apps instantly
- Crisp and gorgeous high-resolution graphics to take full advantage of the iPhone 4 Retina display
Ignore the reviews below, they are just boring little call of duty players who expect everything to happen at once - it doesn't. You have to build the town with every scrap of wood, stone and gold you can get your hands on. This game is great to waste a few hours playing two levels on it's own. They have cool factions with their own type of units and buildings though they are similar, they have their functions differantly. You can make units which will excevate the mountains to find minerals you need - iron gold coal etc, you need to build wood hits and sawmills to create planks of wood that would be suitable to build a building with. You have to create your own weapons to train your troops which makes this game harder.
Once you have build your town and army you can go off and expand and conquer - but bare in mind the enemy also have a large aswell!
Improvements would be:
-some type of wall which can be built to store units around your bounaries palliside maybe.
-once you can build a wall, you can put the lookout towers in them so you can see out.
-more siege equipment such as rams, siege towers for the Walls and the ability to use diggers to undermine the wall.
Overall this is a brilliant game, doesn't crash for me and it's good if you set the autosave on every five minutes. Just add a wal into the game and it would make it awesome!
It has crashed a couple of times on my iphone4 but not often would be nice if this was sorted with an update though, especially as I've paid for it. Kind of expect paid apps to work without question so this is slightly disappointing.
Some of the levels are difficult and sometimes very frustrating. I know the game would be boring if it was too easy but I've been put off playing it for a while just because of the difficulty. How can I build my army if the opposition comes and attacks my settlement before I've had chance to develop it properly?
Also a free play mode would be grand but since this game hasn't been updated since I bought it I wouldn't pin my hopes on it actually happening. It would be nice though and it would show everyone that the makers do actually care.
This game is very good quality and the controls are good but it freezes alot. I have the iPod 3G and it freezes every ten seconds. I paid 3 quid so plz fix. If u do this update and fix crashing bug u can make a skirmish mode and use the different factions to fight each other. Maybe u could play against fried by using bluetooth and wi fi. You could play against other people over the Internet. This would make it a number 1 game. So to end this review it is a fantastic game. Get it and hopefully they will listen to what I said (especially as it took me ages to type this :) ) and then the game would be perfect.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 16 November 2010
- Version: 1.1.9
- Size: 279 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: Gameloft
- The Settlers, Blue Byte and the Blue Byte logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment. Red Storm Entertainment Inc is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. © 2009 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.