The Simpsons™: Tapped Out
By Electronic Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THIS GAME IS LIFE-RUININGLY FUN! Homer accidently caused a meltdown that wiped out Springfield. D’OH! Now, it’s up to you to rebuild it! From the writers of The Simpsons, tap into a city building game that lets you create your own living, breathing Springfield... for FREE.
* This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings.
HOW FUN IS IT? LET US COUNT THE WAYS!
1. First, you can get it for free!
2. Make Springfield just like you want it.
3. Help Homer find Marge, Bart, Lisa, and the rest of his family and friends! (Ned Flanders, too.)
4. Complete tasks to earn… mmm, donuts!
5. Make Apu work ridiculously long shifts at Kwik-E-Mart.
6. Grow and harvest Tomacco on Cletus’s Farm.
7. Party down with Duffman at Duff Brewery.
8. See how your Indolence, Consumerism,and Gluttony stack up on the Conform-o-meter.
9. Enjoy exclusive animated scenes sure to please fans of TV’s longest-running comedy.
10. Visit your friends’ Springfields, play pranks, collect cash and earn special rewards with friendship points the only way to measure your friendship.
11. Build up entirely new sections of Springfield from the rides at Krustyland to the performers on the Waterfront!
12. And did we mention… it’s free to play?
SPRINGFIELD NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD
With HD graphics – you’ll get an eyeful of greener greens, yellower yellows, and more.
IS THAT ALL? Of course not! Did you know that you can even play this game in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Russian, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Turkish and Brazilian Portuguese?
But who wants to read all this text on a screen? So you should CHECK OUT THE SCREENSHOTS because the screenshots really sell it… even though we really don’t have to sell this game… because it’s FREE!
What's New in Version 4.16.5
There's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, bona fide
Electrified, six-car MONORAIL!!!
Springfield is getting a Monorail… again! And this time it might even work!
Lay down the tracks and take your citizens and visitors on the scenic, marginally elevated route through your city. With so many building options available, your Monorail will be as unique as your imagination, or at least your Springfield, so don’t wait for the proper building permits to start building in our new update!
Always with the paywall
This game is actually a lot of fun and well done. The animations are spot on and I had a lot of fun rebuilding my own Springfield. About 20 minutes into the game I hit my first paywall straight away! Because I had some free doughnuts I used them to help speed things up, they lasted no longer than 2 minutes now I have to wait up to 24 hours to do anything? At first I thought okay if the doughnuts are reasonable I'll buy some but of course it's disgustingly expensive! So I haven't bothered. I also had a look at the store items and saw a lot of goodies and brilliant items I wanted to add to my Springfield, the first one being Barny. 250 doughnuts!!!! That's £15 real money for one item? Poor show! I will still play this game because it's a lot of fun but you greedy developers have stolen more than half the game away with ridiculous paywalls. Just goes to show you don't care for the customer only your pockets. Real shame! Then again I guess it's expected with EA now isn't it?
Monorail, more like no-rail!
I am surprised by this latest Monorail update. Initially, I actually really liked the idea, as it seemed very original, but really, it seems to have fallen through.
There are so many extra tasks to complete and barely enough time to do them and when one mission is completed, another 2 or 3 open at the same time.
Most frustratingly with this update however, is that there are not enough track pieces to actually build your own Monorail to any significant length and you can't buy more track pieces as you have to unlock them!
Then I realised, you are rewarded with track pieces for completing certain missions. I thought this was okay but then, when you complete those missions, you are only given ONE track piece! And for some reason, you constantly give me CURVED pieces, which I can't do anything with unless I have straight tracks! What exactly is the point in this?
We should be allowed to buy any kind of track pieces we want and as many as we want, as well as yes, unlocking/winning them.
There is not much time left of this update but really, I just wish the developers of this game had used some foresight which would have made this update so much better. It's a great idea that does have some good points to it but it's let down by these problems.
I absolutely adore the Simpsons, the TV show + the movie and games and comics and everything, but why with every Tapped Out update do we get pointless tasks, the monorail thing is cool but each task only takes 30 seconds for a small profit that's reaped afterwards. If only the tasks were significantly longer with bigger rewards, it wouldn't mean sitting there like waiting for peanuts and wasting minutes of your life by reloading the game every five minutes to set the task again. I stop playing tapped out after a few days after each update because I find the objective of collecting small amounts of things every minute or so with no actual response from the game. FIX THIS.
Provide a lengthy, intelligent update that is beautifully animated but doesn't get infuriatingly repetitive. THANKS 😌😌
- Category: Games
- Updated: 27 August 2015
- Version: 4.16.5
- Size: 74.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: EA Swiss Sarl
- Game software © 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. EA and the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. The Simpsons™ and © 2013 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Golden Scratch-R£0.79
- Stack of 60 Donuts£3.99
- Tray of 132 Donuts£7.99
- Dozen Donuts£1.49
- Truckload of 300 Donuts£14.99
- Store Full of 900 Donuts£39.99
- Boatload of 2400 Donuts£79.99
- Stack of 60 Old Donuts£2.99
- Réserve de 132 vieux donuts£5.99
- Truckload of 300 Old Donuts£10.99