The Spectator Magazine
By The Spectator (1828) Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Subscribe to The Spectator and receive a one month FREE trial.
The Spectator’s mission is to entertain, inform, delight and infuriate our readers. From politics to culture, current affairs to reviews, a wide range of topics are intelligently commented on each week.
- Free to download. Subscribe to The Spectator and receive a one-month FREE trial.
- Read each issue every Thursday morning before it goes on sale in the shops.
- Download the magazine and read it offline, on the move.
- Each issue is supplemented by our View from 22 podcast. Move seamlessly within the app between the two.
- Navigate the app easily using the contents bar and skip to your favourite section.
- Share articles via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Bookmarking option available.
- Store and access your back issues.
- Subscribe to The Spectator from just £1.76 a week and save over 60 per cent on the newsstand price.
- Single issues cost £3.99.
- Subscribe monthly for £8.99
- Subscribe annually (52 issues) for £89.99.
- Subscribe now and receive a month free trial.
‘British magazines are awful (The Spectator excepted)’ – New York Observer
What's New in Version 3.2
Bug fixes and improvements
Straightforward app - quality journalism
I started with the kindle subscription, pay monthly, so could cancel when wanted. Fancied the print version to browse, not much print in our house so it's a nice change. Plus this app which is straightforward to use. On a 12 month sub. It's an interesting read, subscribed after reading the kindle summaries which presented its features well.
The Excellent Spectator
If you want to check out your own political views and opinions and have them challenged (or confirmed) in a thoroughly entertaining and grown-up way you simply must get the Speccie ! And in any case, it is worth the sub for the cartoons alone ! I have been a subscriber since the late 1980s and still thoroughly enjoy looking forward to my weekly fix. Be challenged, surprised and entertained yourself !!
Working as I do in an institution packed to the gunwhales with bien pensent liberal lefties, it is so refreshing for me to sit down and read articles that show that I am not alone in my old fashioned conservative beliefs. The Spectator never accepts any 'current wisdom' without thinking it through first in a refreshing way. Thank you. Both formats are excellent.
- Category: News
- Updated: 28 June 2014
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Spectator (1828) Ltd
- © The Spectator (1828) Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Spectator£8.99
- The Spectator£89.99
- 14 February 2015, The Spectator Magazine£3.99
- 21 February 2015, The Spectator Magazine£3.99
- The Spectator Magazine 15 December 2012£4.49
- The Spectator Magazine 30 March 2013£3.99
- The Spectator Magazine 14 December 2013£3.99
- 13 December 2014, The Spectator Magazine£3.99
- The Spectator Magazine 13 April 2013£3.99
- The Spectator Magazine 23 March 2013£3.99