The Spectator Magazine
By The Spectator (1828) Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Spectator’s mission is to entertain, inform, delight and infuriate our readers. From politics to culture, current affairs to reviews, a wide range of topics are intelligently commented on each week.
Subscribe to The Spectator app on a monthly basis and receive a one month FREE trial.
- The Spectator app is free to download. Purchase single editions or subscribe to The Spectator app and receive a one-month FREE trial.
- Read each issue every Thursday morning before it goes on sale in the shops.
- Download the magazine and read it offline, on the move.
- Each issue is supplemented by our Spectator podcast. Move seamlessly within the app between the two.
- Navigate the app easily using the contents bar and skip to your favourite section.
- Share articles via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Store and access your back issues or store individual articles in your personalised scrapbook.
YOUR APP SUBSCRIPTION
You can purchase an auto-renewable subscription directly from iTunes. The subscription will include the current issue and all past content if you do not already own it as well as every new issue.
A single issue for £4.99
A rolling monthly subscription for £8.99 every month.
An annual subscription for £89.99.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will match the initial subscription price. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
A subscription through iTunes is only valid for The Spectator app and does not entitle you to additional digital content available on The Spectator website.
‘British magazines are awful (The Spectator excepted)’ – New York Observer
What's New in Version 4.0
We've updated The Spectator's app to give you a simpler, faster reading experience. Our easy to navigate storefront allows you to quickly download your favourite and most recent issues.
• Listen to the Spectator podcast
• Choose to automatically download new editions when connected to Wi-Fi
• Automatically archive editions you haven't read in a while to free up space on your device
• Save your favourite pages and articles to your own scrapbook
• Better font resizing options
• Share articles via social media and email
• Long hold on an edition to quickly archive it
Best All Round Commentary and Opinion Magazine
I used to get the Spectator online via my Kindle, which disappeared along with the all the online editions I had paid for and was saving for bad times. This app is much better, and while I wouldn't be without the print version for reading in the bath, it's great to be able to access all their outstanding pieces whenever I have a free moment.
I don't think one can find better commentary and opinion online or in print, and I look forward to reading it each week, even if I don't always agree with every point of view.
Good Read and a Good Platform to Enjoy It On
I've long been a subscriber to The Spectator, in more recent years on my kindle but something seemed missing. Those that know the magazine know it isn't exactly bristling with graphics or photos but is peppered just enough to be interesting and engaging. This was something that was missing in the kindle version but definitely recaptured on the app. It feels like I've got my magazine back with all the benefits of accessing it online. Well done Speccie team.
Improved app for a great magazine
The new version is an improvement because it returns me accurately to where I last left off reading the magazine, and has a larger font. I am not so keen on the more complicated procedure for deleting/archiving old issues. But it's great that my postal subscription continues to allow me also to read The Spectator on an iPad at no extra cost.
- Category: News
- Updated: 05 May 2017
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 36.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Spectator (1828) Ltd
- © The Spectator (1828) Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Spectator£8.99
- The Spectator£89.99
- 2 July 2016, The Spectator Magazine £4.99
- 10 December 2016, The Spectator Magazine£4.99
- 25 June 2016, The Spectator Magazine£4.99
- The Spectator Magazine 15 December 2012£5.99
- The Spectator Magazine 30 March 2013£4.99
- The Spectator Magazine 14 December 2013£4.99
- 16 July 2016, The Spectator Magazine £4.99
- 13 December 2014, The Spectator Magazine£4.99