The Spectator Magazine
By The Spectator (1828) Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Subscribe to The Spectator and receive a one month FREE trial.
The Spectator’s mission is to entertain, inform, delight and infuriate our readers. From politics to culture, current affairs to reviews, a wide range of topics are intelligently commented on each week.
- Free to download. Subscribe to The Spectator and receive a one-month FREE trial.
- Read each issue every Thursday morning before it goes on sale in the shops.
- Download the magazine and read it offline, on the move.
- Each issue is supplemented by our View from 22 podcast. Move seamlessly within the app between the two.
- Navigate the app easily using the contents bar and skip to your favourite section.
- Share articles via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Bookmarking option available.
- Store and access your back issues.
- Subscribe to The Spectator from just £1.76 a week and save over 60 per cent on the newsstand price.
- Single issues cost £3.99.
- Subscribe monthly for £8.99
- Subscribe annually (52 issues) for £89.99.
- Subscribe now and receive a month free trial.
‘British magazines are awful (The Spectator excepted)’ – New York Observer
What's New in Version 3.2
Bug fixes and improvements
Straightforward app - quality journalism
I started with the kindle subscription, pay monthly, so could cancel when wanted. Fancied the print version to browse, not much print in our house so it's a nice change. Plus this app which is straightforward to use. On a 12 month sub. It's an interesting read, subscribed after reading the kindle summaries which presented its features well.
The mix of print, digital and podcasts/coffee shots means that I can keep informed using a variety of methods. I really like the balance of content and the way it is pitched at a level that keeps it entertaining as well as informative. We live in interesting times and having a first class publication such as The Spectator allows me to keep fully engaged in a time effective way.
The Excellent Spectator
If you want to check out your own political views and opinions and have them challenged (or confirmed) in a thoroughly entertaining and grown-up way you simply must get the Speccie ! And in any case, it is worth the sub for the cartoons alone ! I have been a subscriber since the late 1980s and still thoroughly enjoy looking forward to my weekly fix. Be challenged, surprised and entertained yourself !!
- Category: News
- Updated: 28 June 2014
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Spectator (1828) Ltd
- © The Spectator (1828) Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Spectator£8.99
- The Spectator£89.99
- 26 November 2016, The Spectator Magazine£3.99
- The Spectator Magazine 15 December 2012£4.49
- The Spectator Magazine 30 March 2013£3.99
- The Spectator Magazine 14 December 2013£3.99
- 13 December 2014, The Spectator Magazine£3.99
- 19 November 2016, The Spectator Magazine£3.99
- 12 December 2015, The Spectator Magazine£3.99
- The Spectator Magazine 13 April 2013£3.99