The Spectator’s mission is to entertain, inform, delight and infuriate our readers. From politics to culture, current affairs to reviews, a wide range of topics are intelligently commented on each week.
Subscribe to The Spectator app on a monthly basis and receive a one month FREE trial.
- The Spectator app is free to download. Purchase single editions or subscribe to The Spectator app and receive a one-month FREE trial.
- Read each issue every Thursday morning before it goes on sale in the shops.
- Download the magazine and read it offline, on the move.
- Each issue is supplemented by our Spectator podcast. Move seamlessly within the app between the two.
- Navigate the app easily using the contents bar and skip to your favourite section.
- Share articles via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Store and access your back issues or store individual articles in your personalised scrapbook.
YOUR APP SUBSCRIPTION
You can purchase an auto-renewable subscription directly from iTunes. The subscription will include the current issue as well as every new issue.
A single issue for £4.99
A rolling monthly subscription for £8.99 every month.
An annual subscription for £89.99.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will match the initial subscription price. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
A subscription through iTunes is only valid for The Spectator app and does not entitle you to additional digital content available on The Spectator website.
‘British magazines are awful (The Spectator excepted)’ – New York Observer
Notifications when device memory is running low so users can manage their stored editions.
Improvements to support iPhone X screen resolution.
Ratings and Reviews
Best All Round Commentary and Opinion Magazine
I used to get the Spectator online via my Kindle, which disappeared along with the all the online editions I had paid for and was saving for bad times. This app is much better, and while I wouldn't be without the print version for reading in the bath, it's great to be able to access all their outstanding pieces whenever I have a free moment.
I don't think one can find better commentary and opinion online or in print, and I look forward to reading it each week, even if I don't always agree with every point of view.
Good Read and a Good Platform to Enjoy It On
I've long been a subscriber to The Spectator, in more recent years on my kindle but something seemed missing. Those that know the magazine know it isn't exactly bristling with graphics or photos but is peppered just enough to be interesting and engaging. This was something that was missing in the kindle version but definitely recaptured on the app. It feels like I've got my magazine back with all the benefits of accessing it online. Well done Speccie team.
Pretty much the only thing worth reading these days! I LOVE IT
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not the kind of person who only reads views that are likely to be in line with my own beliefs. I enjoy the M Paris column as much as the Delingpole/Liddle pages, as an example.
The whole publication is beautifully crafted. Even though it’s available free on Readly (A few days old). I prefer to pay for the app (subscriptions ) and support the work of Fraser Nelson and his wonderful team.
- The Spectator (1828) Ltd
- 34.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © The Spectator (1828) Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month £8.99
- 1 Year £89.99
- 2 July 2016, The Spectator Magazine £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.