The Sun app is the home of all the latest breaking news, showbiz, celebrity gossip, football and money with live updates and videos. It’s simply the best way to stay informed with the best and latest stories and is available for download on iPhone devices.
The app’s main features include:
- You can personalise your own feed on the ‘My News’ tab, choosing the subjects you want to read about - and removing the ones you don't. It's easy to edit so you can get the stories you want, the way you want them.
- Get breaking news notifications with videos and images straight to the lock screen on your device.
- Customise your alerts with the stories you want to hear and read about.
- Easy-to-navigate home screen displays all the top stories from news to showbiz to sport.
- All the latest videos from across news, sport, showbiz and money and an ‘Editor’s Top Picks’ tab showing the very best.
- A ‘most-read’ feature for every section to highlight the most popular Sun stories of the day so you don't miss out.
- Special ‘swipe’ option helps you move easily from story to story rather than having to navigate back through the app.
- Share stories and content with your friends and followers on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
- Huge Sport section features all the latest news, analysis, fixtures and insight from all our columnists, especially the Premier League and news about Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. You can personalise your feed to get you team's news first, including clubs from the Football League and in Scotland.
- All the latest football transfer news and gossip in a constantly-updated live blog.
- It's not just football, there's also the latest from the worlds of Boxing, Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, NFL and much more all within the Sport section.
- All your favourite and most outspoken columnists in one place, from Jeremy Clarkson to Jane Moore, in their unique style.
- The home of Bizarre, the Sun’s legendary showbiz gossip column for all the latest about your favourite celebs. A behind-the-scenes look at the latest reports and your TV and Soaps updates.
- All the latest lifestyle stories from Fabulous Magazine. The best fashion and beauty tips, health and fitness, parenting, relationships, food, horoscopes, pictures and videos.
- Special sections on the biggest stories, such as Brexit - you can follow for all the latest news.
- The best Travel news and tips, from city breaks to beach holidays to cruises, plus regular traffic and public transport updates to help you stay on top of delays.
- The infamous Dear Deidre column, from the nation’s number one agony aunt, who is on hand to answer readers' questions about life and love.
- New features added all the time - we'll let you know when they're ready to use.
If you opt-in for push notifications, a unique identifier for your device will be generated and will be stored by Urban Airship – our push notification platform – on behalf of The Sun to provide you with our services.
You can choose to unsubscribe from The Sun news push notifications in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
Thank you for using The Sun Mobile app. In this release, we’re notifying customers they now have the ability to choose which type of Push notifications they receive. Just head to the Settings menu and select the topics you’re interested in!
If you catch any bugs, witness anything strange or have an idea on how we can improve the app, please hit “Contact us” in the Settings menu and we’ll get to it.
If you’re enjoying using the app, please leave us a review!
Ratings and Reviews
Mr Michael drury
On more occasions than not! This paper puts MPs in their place! And reminds the government that the uk public put them their to speak for us! Once every so often! They get a reminder of who put them their! When we voted to leave Europe this paper listened to the people! Unlike the MPs! Given that we would not be in all this mess now! If we had not gone in! The problem is, no mp or Brussels have a clue about anything they talk about! But at this time now! Brussels are trying their best to keep us in! Blackmail in other words! It's all about the money they want us for! All lies! This is the working class paper that speaks for British people,take note in the house an listen in 2019 your learn something by listening! Unlike the £17,000 unpaid bill the MPs not paid! Another fiddle.
As a member of the older generation.... I always bought a paper every day. Since getting my I phone a few years ago I now access my favourite paper . . The Sun online . It has everything I want to read about and I usually spend a hoo 45 mins every day catching up on what’s happening in the world and you can tailor it to your own interests. My favourite app . !!!!
Updated and awesome
The app is now fluid and fast, allowing for quick navigation and customisation to show you items you are particularly interested in.
All that's missing is the ability to sync for offline reading, like on the tube or in the air, but that doesn't stop this from being a 5 star update!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your feedback! We've been working hard on a brand new smartphone experience for the Sun, and we launched it this week! With a modern design, the new look and feel definitely takes advantage of the iPhone X screen and space. We're really excited about it, and hope you like it too! Thanks for your patience - be sure to update the app when it drops this week!
The Sun Mobile App Team
- News UK & Ireland Limited
- 67.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Gambling and Contests
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright News Group Newspapers Ltd 2013. The Sun is a registered trade mark of News Group
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.