Your daily edition of the UK’s favourite, best-selling newspaper direct to your iPad or iPhone. Our newspaper app downloads the entire print edition seven days a week for offline reading, so you can enjoy the fun of The Sun wherever you are. Bursting with news, entertainment and sport, The Sun Newspaper app brings you everything you need.
Never again miss out on all the latest global news, celebrity exclusives, sports coverage, showbiz gossip and incredible stories. The Sun Newspaper app makes all the articles in the daily newspaper easily accessible on your iPad or iPhone, so you can read it whenever and wherever you are. All your favourite columns are included, such as Dear Deidre, Mystic Meg and Bizarre.
What’s included in The Sun Newspaper app:
- Breaking news stories from Britain's No1 newspaper on your tablet
- The best football action from the Sun Sport team every single day
- All our great columnists including Jeremy Clarkson and Jane Moore
- Your guide to the week’s telly in our TV Mag
- All the latest fashion, beauty tips and celebrity news in Fabulous magazine on Sunday
- Plus, all your daily favourites such as Bizarre, Dear Deidre and our brilliant Striker comic strip
The Sun Newspaper app offers a 30 day free trial which auto-renews in to a subscription at £4.99 per month:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same cost as your chosen subscription
- You can manage your subscription via your iTunes account and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
- The Sun reserves the right to alter the pricing at any point
- All content in The Sun Newspaper is copyright News Group Newspapers Limited a member of the News UK Group 2013. All rights reserved
- Terms and conditions: https://www.thesun.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
- This is a subscription to the iPad and iPhone apps only
Keep updated with all the latest news from The Sun at www.facebook.com/TheSun
Thank you for using The Sun Newspaper app. In this release, we’re squishing some annoying bugs to improve your experience using the app.
If you catch any more bugs, witness anything strange or have an idea on how we can improve the app, please email email@example.com and we’ll get to it.
If you’re enjoying using the app, please leave us a review!
Ratings and Reviews
Good but let down but irritations.
This has made reading the paper very easy, rather then having to go out and buy it everyday, and once downloaded have not had many problems. My problem is that it never automatically downloads so is ready in the morning (like The Daily Mirror), so have to manually go in and download it. To make matters worse it only downloads when the screen is on, so when the iPad screen turns off then it stops downloading. The problem I have is I am on the slowest speed broadband ever, so things take ages to download and can not get fibre optic. If it downloaded like others at 5am then it would be ready each morning and would be pretty much perfect. It has bugs but can forgive them. Hope the feedback might help get it sorted.
Well it's taken a long time and a little t of crashes on my iPad 2, but the latest update seems to have made the world of difference to the quality of the app, I can almost read it without my glasses on now the text is so much clearer!
It remains to be seen how much room it takes up in the memory and if I still have to periodically delete the whole app just to get rid of everything that it's jammed up in my memory.
But so far it's a big thumbs up from someone who was very close to just kicking it into touch and just reading the news online instead!
Nice one my Sun 👍👍
After years of trying to use an app that was complete rubbish we finally had something that work and now this.
The redesign is awful, a very poor UI refresh with so much wasted white space. The app is so bad I can only assume the developers don’t have a QA or test department as it would have never got through ours.
Constantly returns to the first page, gets stuck every few pages so you have to go back before it will go forwards and you repeatedly get small images of the full page or large images of half a page superimposed over the page you are trying to read. The improved download process now has no indication of how the download is going and whereas you used to be able to start reading straight away I’ve no idea what’s happening now.
- News UK & Ireland Limited
- 33.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Published by News Group Newspapers Ltd, member of News UK group. News Corp UK & Ireland registered office: The News Building, News UK, 1 London Bridge Street, SE1 9GF. Registered in England No 81701
- In-App Purchases
- The Sun Newspaper £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.