The Telegraph Daily UK Edition
By The Telegraph
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A daily tablet edition of Britain’s best-selling quality newspaper, delivering unrivalled coverage across news, business, politics, sport and lifestyle. Brought to you by a team of award-winning journalists, the tablet app includes the full breadth of content you would expect from the printed newspaper including weekend supplements from travel, property and gardening, plus Telegraph Magazine and Stella. With enriched photo galleries and videos, as well as an interactive puzzles section, this easy-to-navigate app allows you to enjoy a smooth reading experience.
The app is compatible with devices of all screen sizes so that you can enjoy content on the device that suits you. If you are using an iPhone (including iPhone 6s) puzzles are not currently included. This is something that we are working on and hope to bring you soon after launch.
Once downloaded, each edition will be available for up to 28 days and full editions can be read offline.
Features: News, Comment, Features, Obituaries, Business, Sport, Galleries, additional weekend supplements on Saturdays and Sundays including Gardening, Travel, Living, Cars and Property
Weekend magazines including Telegraph Magazine and Stella, full-screen photo galleries of the day's best images, plus videos and infographics, Crosswords (Quick, Cryptic and Prize), Sudoku and Codewords, Matt and Alex cartoons.
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
1) Monthly subscriptions can be purchased and these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
2) Telegraph newspaper subscribers can use the app by validating their subscriber number and postcode within the app.
The Telegraph tablet app supports iOS version 7.0 and above
What's New in Version 3.1.9
Thank you for using The Telegraph's Daily Edition. We are constantly making improvements to our app to bring you the best experience. Make sure you never miss an update and always get the best version of our app. Simply go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and then turn on Updates.
In this update we have focused on making improvements to reliability.
Dreadfully slow - old version much better
Customer support do not respond to emails so I phoned from overseas. Was attended by a rather cocky young man. The problem persisted after.
The old version seemed to work much better.
Endless patience needed
The current version of this app takes forever to download - it is hugely frustrating. The previous version was much quicker. My patience is running out.
Great but need to restore former features
I don't have most of the probelms described in other reviews and for me, the Telegraph is my favourite and most used app on my iPad. I love the format and look of the app and it's a easy experience being able to slide through all the stories at a glance when choosing which ones to read.
The content is broad and rich - I never have enough time to read everything, especially on weekends. It has most of what's in the printed version including all the supplements and magazines.
I like that you can tap on articles/text in order to copy or share. You can also tap and select individual words and then choose the option to define a word - something I do quite often!
I haven't found the download experience to be negative like many other users; it must depend on the speed and reliability of an individual's broadband and I guess mine is relatively good.
But... I'm disappointed that three features that were in the old version have still not been included in the new version despite requesting these on several occasions:-
1. Night Reading - great feature when reading in bed or in a dark room - so much easier on the eyes.
2. Font Size - the largest font size in the new version is much smaller than the one in the old version which is disappointing. The Telegraph must be read by a very large number of elderly people like myself and the large size font was a great help in avoiding eye strain.
3. World News - in the old version this was a separate section but in the new version has been incorporated under 'News'. Please add an extra heading at the top for World News.
After each new update I look to see if they have been included but so far to no avail - so please listen to your loyal customers and re-instate them, thank you!
- Category: News
- Updated: 10 February 2016
- Version: 3.1.9
- Size: 30.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Telegraph
- © Telegraph Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Telegraph for iPad£16.99
- 13th October edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 25th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 14th July edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 29th September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 18th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 22nd September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 15th September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 5th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 15th July edition of The Telegraph£0.79