The Telegraph Daily UK Edition
By The Telegraph
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A daily tablet edition of Britain’s best-selling quality newspaper, delivering unrivalled coverage across news, business, politics, sport and lifestyle. Brought to you by a team of award-winning journalists, the tablet app includes the full breadth of content you would expect from the printed newspaper including weekend supplements from travel, property and gardening, plus Telegraph Magazine and Stella. With enriched photo galleries and videos, as well as an interactive puzzles section, this easy-to-navigate app allows you to enjoy a smooth reading experience.
The app is compatible with devices of all screen sizes so that you can enjoy content on the device that suits you. If you are using an iPhone (including iPhone 6s) puzzles are not currently included. This is something that we are working on and hope to bring you soon after launch.
Once downloaded, each edition will be available for up to 28 days and full editions can be read offline.
Features: News, Comment, Features, Obituaries, Business, Sport, Galleries, additional weekend supplements on Saturdays and Sundays including Gardening, Travel, Living, Cars and Property
Weekend magazines including Telegraph Magazine and Stella, full-screen photo galleries of the day's best images, plus videos and infographics, Crosswords (Quick, Cryptic and Prize), Sudoku and Codewords, Matt and Alex cartoons.
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
1) Monthly subscriptions can be purchased and these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
2) Telegraph newspaper subscribers can use the app by validating their subscriber number and postcode within the app.
The Telegraph tablet app supports iOS version 7.0 and above
What's New in Version 3.1.17
Thank you for using The Telegraph's Daily Edition. We are constantly making improvements to our app to bring you the best experience. Make sure you never miss an update and always get the best version of our app. Simply go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and then turn on Updates.
In this update we have focused on making improvements to reliability.
Ads are ruining the app
This app was great until someone thought ads popping up on articles was a good idea to increase the viewing stats. Now if you read an app for more than around 20 seconds, ads pop up and you have to scroll to the next article then back again to remove it. The physical world equivalent is someone throwing a leaflet over my page every 20 seconds, for me to bin it and then carry on. Please at least think about the user experience before you make changes! If you're trying to get people to delete the app and buy the newspaper instead, you're probably doing slightly better on achieving that.
Excellent app, particularly enjoy the puzzles section
Well presented newspaper app, the best I have used so far. I especially enjoy the puzzles section, where I can come back and compete later in the day, just wish there were more puzzles on offer. The ability to move between content is nice and simple, well thought out app. Have experienced no crashes or bugs, so happy to update for the new price.
- Category: News
- Updated: 23 August 2016
- Version: 3.1.17
- Size: 30.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Telegraph
- © Telegraph Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Telegraph for iPad£19.99
- 13th October edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 25th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 14th July edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 29th September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 18th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 22nd September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 15th September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 5th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 15th July edition of The Telegraph£0.79