The Telegraph for iPad
By The Telegraph
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free trial available. The Telegraph for iPad delivers agenda-setting news, business and sport seven days a week. Now in Newsstand, it also features the best of the weekend magazines and supplements - from travel, lifestyle and motoring to property, gardening and entertainment.
- Daily News, World News, Comment, Letters, Features, Obituaries, Business, Sport, Galleries, Cartoons, Puzzles
- Additional weekend sections on Saturdays and Sundays
- Full-screen photo galleries of the day's best images, plus videos and infographics
- Crosswords (Quick, Cryptic and Prize) and Sudoku
- Matt and Alex cartoons
- Archive editions, including the past 30 days' editions,
The daily edition is available from 05:00 GMT. Once downloaded, each edition will be available for 30 days and full editions can be read offline.
If you have experienced any issues with the recent update, we recommend hard closing and then reloading the app.
PLEASE NOTE: when you purchase The Telegraph iPad app via iTunes you also get free access to The Telegraph for iPhone (see below for instructions).
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
1) Monthly subscriptions can be purchased for £9.99 - these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
• You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
2) Telegraph newspaper subscribers can use the app free by validating their subscriber number and postcode within the app.
To access The Telegraph for iPhone, follows these steps from within The Telegraph for iPad app:
1. Select 'Settings' in the bottom left-hand corner
2. Tap 'Subscriptions', then 'Create a Telegraph Login'
3. Enter your email address and create a password
4. Open The Telegraph iPhone app and enter your Telegraph Login on the home screen for access
Your Telegraph Login can also be used to read The Telegraph website when abroad.
This version is recommended to use on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
What's New in Version 2.7.1
Update 18 Feb 14
The last month or so, the app has been much more stable, with fewer crashes and faults. However, the very latest release is a retrograde one in several areas. Firstly, several times, I've exited the app after having part-completed the crossword or sudoku. When I go back in, my entire game is wiped and I have to start again.
Secondly, if I double-tap to switch out of the app to another app, then come back in, about 20% of the time! the app will go back to the load screen, then force me to reopen the current edition, then navigate to where I was.
Telegraph developers - it's a great paper with excellent editorial. If only you could get the quality and reliability of the app right.
Update 11 Jan 14
Today, I can read the paper only by navigating to an article, force-closing the app, reloading it, and navigating the menu. I can't see the homepage; I can't move back and forth between pages; but I can see the menu. If I was paying for this (I'm not), I'd have asked for my money back a long time ago. Dreadful.
Download capability is hugely better than it was before (which was utterly dire) - doesn't crash so often now. Don't have to wait so long for the paper to open - but still slow and cumbersome. The keyboard for the puzzles is dreadful. All in all, better than the previous version, but still very disappointing for a supposedly major uk newspaper.
An unreliable and poor app
I have subscribed to the Telegraph for IPad for over a year now and there are still serious issues with the software.
Download was very unreliable but has improved somewhat recently, although it is still not good. Every month end without fail for 15 months there has been a major problem with downloading. This is obviously connected with processing the iTunes payment at the end of the month. The symptoms are that the paper fails to download on the 1st of the month. Sometimes it will load by lunchtime and sometimes it will not download until late afternoon. This month (March 1st) it required the app to be deleted and reloaded before the paper loaded.
It is time for a new IT company to take over the running of this app and make it work reliably.
Great content but very poor digital delivery.
This app has the potential to be best in class but for a long time has suffered too many download issues e.g. For the last two days I have received the front page but am unable to download the rest of the content (the system tells me I need to validate my purchase). But this does not help!
My issues have been communicated to customer service by phone and email but appear to have gone into a black hole.
Poor delivery, poor customer service - don't bother. I feel sorry for the journalists who think they are writing news articles but by the time you read them they are history. If you want news go elsewhere!!
- Category: News
- Updated: 04 February 2014
- Version: 2.7.1
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Telegraph
- © Copyright of Telegraph Media Group Limited 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Telegraph for iPad£9.99
- 25th August edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 13th October edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 14th July edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 18th August edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 29th September edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 15th September edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 22nd September edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 5th August edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 15th July edition of The Telegraph£0.69