The Telegraph - The daily newspaper for top news stories & reports in business, politics, lifestyle & sports
By The Telegraph
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free trial available. The Telegraph for iPad delivers agenda-setting news, business and sport seven days a week. Now in Newsstand, it also features the best of the weekend magazines and supplements - from travel, lifestyle and motoring to property, gardening and entertainment.
- Daily News, World News, Comment, Letters, Features, Obituaries, Business, Sport, Galleries, Cartoons, Puzzles
- Additional weekend sections on Saturdays and Sundays
- Full-screen photo galleries of the day's best images, plus videos and infographics
- Crosswords (Quick, Cryptic and Prize) and Sudoku
- Matt and Alex cartoons
- Archive editions, including the past 30 days' editions,
The daily edition is available from 05:00 GMT. Once downloaded, each edition will be available for 30 days and full editions can be read offline.
If you have experienced any issues with the recent update, we recommend hard closing and then reloading the app.
PLEASE NOTE: when you purchase The Telegraph iPad app via iTunes you also get free access to The Telegraph for iPhone (see below for instructions).
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
1) Monthly subscriptions can be purchased and these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
• You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
2) Telegraph newspaper subscribers can use the app free by validating their subscriber number and postcode within the app.
To access The Telegraph for iPhone, follows these steps from within The Telegraph for iPad app:
1. Select 'Settings' in the bottom left-hand corner
2. Tap 'Subscriptions', then 'Create a Telegraph Login'
3. Enter your email address and create a password
4. Open The Telegraph iPhone app and enter your Telegraph Login on the home screen for access
Your Telegraph Login can also be used to read The Telegraph website when abroad.
This version is recommended to use on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
What's New in Version 2.7.6
We made further improvements to the app fixing a number of additional bugs.
Thank-you for reading the Telegraph!
Ruined by ads
The heavily intrusive ads you have persistently forced upon your readership have with the latest incarnation of your iPad/iPhone app reached such a pathetically begging-to-be-noticed level that I have often resorted to reading the web version of the paper in my browser.
Since a broad swathe of users don't actually read the adds and instead find them merely irritatingly ubiquitous, you are only making your app less attractive.
The Times meanwhile has a far superior app and allows the e-mailing of articles to popularise the paper. It also allows an in-app web or dictionary search that your app used to have!
Used to have but not any more: your app is becoming less fun to use and you will ultimately drive away users rather than gain new ones. Shame on you for totally ignoring your app users feedback. Try reading the iTunes reviews of your app instead of your ad revenue reports.
And PLEASE desist from writing me another falsely fawning response in which you say the ads are a necessary add-in to finance the app. That's like saying "We understand your point but are obliged to completely ignore it". A mind-bogglingly thoughtless and user-unfriendly stance.
Why do we bother
I have had this app for over 2 years, and I often wonder why I stick with it. The content is great, and I love doing the crossword, and being able to check my answers next day. However, the app consistently fails to deliver - frequent crashing, part loading and all the same issues as other purchasers. This weekend's update has been the end. It has crashed three times on me today, wiping out my crossword answers. I have deleted and downloaded (the only advice that you ever get in response to a complaint) and it is still doing it. And what ever happened to auto download - never delivered, and now a comment to manage it through the newsstand - but I cannot see how to do that.
Come on telegraph - get your act sorted out. Does anyone from the technical team ever read what we write?
This App Is No Great Advert For The Telegraph
A bit dull and soulless, to say the least. However, the tsunami of advertising is the final straw. One expects it between the pages, but the constant interruption just as one starts reading, due to an advert popping up at the top and pushing the page down, is an aggravation too far.
The Times & Sunday Times app is a little more cheerful, but a complete mess. These newspapers however are rescued (big time) by their superb separate e-paper app, usable on the same subscription. Likewise The Evening Standard, which is FREE if anyone wants to trial the e-paper experience. It's about time The Telegraph moved with the times (no pun intended) and provided this format asap.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: 08 January 2015
- Version: 2.7.6
- Size: 17.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Telegraph
- © Copyright of Telegraph Media Group Limited 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Telegraph for iPad£16.99
- 13th October edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 25th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 14th July edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 29th September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 18th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 22nd September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 15th September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 5th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 15th July edition of The Telegraph£0.79