The Telegraph – The daily newspaper for top stories in news, business, politics, sport and lifestyle. Includes interactive puzzles section.
By The Telegraph
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A daily tablet edition of Britain’s best-selling quality newspaper, delivering unrivalled coverage across news, business, politics, sport and lifestyle. Brought to you by a team of award-winning journalists, the tablet app includes the full breadth of content you would expect from the printed newspaper including weekend supplements from travel, property and gardening, plus Telegraph Magazine and Stella. With enriched photo galleries and videos, as well as an interactive puzzles section, this easy-to-navigate app allows you to enjoy a smooth reading experience.
The app is compatible with devices of all screen sizes so that you can enjoy content on the device that suits you. If you are using an iPhone (including iPhone 6s) puzzles are not currently included. This is something that we are working on and hope to bring you soon after launch.
Once downloaded, each edition will be available for up to 28 days and full editions can be read offline.
Features: News, Comment, Features, Obituaries, Business, Sport, Galleries, additional weekend supplements on Saturdays and Sundays including Gardening, Travel, Living, Cars and Property
Weekend magazines including Telegraph Magazine and Stella, full-screen photo galleries of the day's best images, plus videos and infographics, Crosswords (Quick, Cryptic and Prize), Sudoku and Codewords, Matt and Alex cartoons.
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
1) Monthly subscriptions can be purchased and these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
2) Telegraph newspaper subscribers can use the app by validating their subscriber number and postcode within the app.
The Telegraph tablet app supports iOS version 7.0 and above
What's New in Version 3.1.1
What’s new in Version 3.1.1
We’ve made further improvements to the app to bring you even more content, improved imagery, easier navigation and a brand new addition to the puzzles section, Codewords. Plus, the app is optimised for any screen size so you can enjoy a seamless reading experience on any Apple device.
Daily News, World News, Comment, Letters, Features, Obituaries, Business, Sport, Additional weekend supplements on Saturdays and Sundays including Gardening, Travel, Living, Cars and Property.
Weekend magazines including Stella and Telegraph Magazine, Full-screen photo galleries of the day's best images, plus videos and infographics, Crosswords (Quick, Cryptic and Prize), Sudoku and Codewords, Matt and Alex cartoons, Archive editions, including the past 28 days' editions
I have no problems and find this app very good. There are problems with the time that it takes to load also the automatic download that does not appear to work. The loading is not critical as you can start to read soon after initial download start as long as you do not need the last few pages! The annoying advert at the top of the old edition has been sorted and does not now affect the page loading. Now all we need is the general knowledge crossword, but I feel that this will be a step too far for the programmers. Pictures are good. Some say that the page to page does not work properly but I have had no problem. E mails sometimes appear on the right hand side but I appear to have sorted that. It's the new apple software that has done that but you can get used to swiping in the right place. It might be possible to turn this aspect off.
Really good Improvement but...
I like the format and look of the new app and it's a better experience being able to slide through all stories at a glance when choosing which ones to read.
The content is much broader and richer. It has most of what's in the printed version including all the supplements and magazines.
You can now tap on articles/text in order to copy or share. You can also tap and select individual words and then choose the option to define a word - something I do quite often!
I haven't found the download time to be much different from the old version so no real problem there.
But... I'm disappointed that three features that were in the old version have disappeared in the new version:-
1. Night Reading - great feature when reading in bed or in a dark room - so much easier on the eyes.
2. Font Size - the largest font size in the new version is much smaller than the one in the old version which is disappointing. The Telegraph must be read by a very large number of elderly people like myself and the large size font was a great help in avoiding eye strain.
3. World News - in the old version this was a separate section but in the new version has been incorporated under 'News'. Please add an extra heading at the top for World News.
I generally like the new app very much but would greatly appreciate these three features being re-instated, thank you!
I have been using the new app for a week now and have the following observations (none of them good, I am afraid). I am using it on an iPad mini:
I have followed instructions for auto download, but it still doesn't. So I need to download manually.
The app sometimes goes into a vertical freeze. In an article you can go left or right to next article but not up and down. Only solution is to close the app and open it up again.
Sometimes when you have closed app and go back it brings you back to the front page, not the article you were at, so you have to navigate to it again. Annoying when the above has happened.
No night reading option. Reverse colours is possible in iPad settings but puts all the pictures in reverse too. Rubbish! Can we PLEASE have a proper night reading option?
When you reopen app it takes ages to fire up again. The old one was instant.
The old quick navigation to sections and articles was quicker and simpler.
Puzzles are difficult to open, take a while and seem to want you to be connected to the Internet when you open them. No good if you are travelling.
Sometimes when you go back to a puzzle it has zeroed itself, as if you never started.
The swipe Left and Right is often tricky. It also was in the old app, but you could use the little triangles L or R when that happened. Could we have the triangles back?
When swiping from the right it often brings out Mail rather then the next page.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: 23 September 2015
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 34.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Telegraph
- © Telegraph Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Telegraph for iPad£16.99
- 13th October edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 25th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 14th July edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 29th September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 18th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 22nd September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 15th September edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 5th August edition of The Telegraph£0.79
- 15th July edition of The Telegraph£0.79