The Telegraph for iPad
By The Telegraph
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free trial available. The Telegraph for iPad delivers agenda-setting news, business and sport seven days a week. Now in Newsstand, it also features the best of the weekend magazines and supplements - from travel, lifestyle and motoring to property, gardening and entertainment.
- Daily News, World News, Comment, Letters, Features, Obituaries, Business, Sport, Galleries, Cartoons, Puzzles
- Additional weekend sections on Saturdays and Sundays
- Full-screen photo galleries of the day's best images, plus videos and infographics
- Crosswords (Quick, Cryptic and Prize) and Sudoku
- Matt and Alex cartoons
- Archive editions, including the past 30 days' editions,
The daily edition is available from 05:00 GMT. Once downloaded, each edition will be available for 30 days and full editions can be read offline.
If you have experienced any issues with the recent update, we recommend hard closing and then reloading the app.
PLEASE NOTE: when you purchase The Telegraph iPad app via iTunes you also get free access to The Telegraph for iPhone (see below for instructions).
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
1) Monthly subscriptions can be purchased for £9.99 - these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
• You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
2) Telegraph newspaper subscribers can use the app free by validating their subscriber number and postcode within the app.
To access The Telegraph for iPhone, follows these steps from within The Telegraph for iPad app:
1. Select 'Settings' in the bottom left-hand corner
2. Tap 'Subscriptions', then 'Create a Telegraph Login'
3. Enter your email address and create a password
4. Open The Telegraph iPhone app and enter your Telegraph Login on the home screen for access
Your Telegraph Login can also be used to read The Telegraph website when abroad.
This version is recommended to use on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
What's New in Version 2.7.2
Subscription not recognized
I paid £20 a year ago so my mother could easily read this paper via the site on her old ipad, but the ipad app I decided to use on my mini and touch were never recognized.
Oh well, I thought,if ever I want to read the Barclay version of the world I too will go to the web site. However, I have just been fleeced of another £20 and the the app still won't recognize my sub on any damned version. What a load of rubbish. I will be calling, today April 1st for a refund.
I prefer the Guardian anyway. From all points of view.
Subscription not recognized
Subscription not recognised when trying to use on iPad, trys to get you to subscribe again. Waited a long time for an improvement on this app as the previous one was so shockingly bad, only to realise I have just wasted another£20 subscription.
Doesn't auto download
Wasted one months subscription!!!
- Category: News
- Updated: 20 March 2014
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Telegraph
- © Copyright of Telegraph Media Group Limited 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Telegraph for iPad£9.99
- 25th August edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 13th October edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 14th July edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 18th August edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 29th September edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 15th September edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 22nd September edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 5th August edition of The Telegraph£0.69
- 15th July edition of The Telegraph£0.69