The Times & The Sunday Times - The global newspaper for business, politics & financial news, plus sports reports & puzzles
By Times Newspapers Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy The Times and The Sunday Times journalism wherever you are with one app for all your editions, 7 days a week. Get the latest news on the go as well as trusted analysis from award-winning journalists. On top of that, enjoy stunning picture galleries and exclusive video dispatches from across the globe.
For existing subscribers to The Times and The Sunday Times, this app is complimentary as part of your subscription. Just log in with your username and password.
The Times and Sunday Times iPad edition is available via one of the following auto-renewable subscriptions:
- £2.49 per week for The Sunday Times iPad edition (Sunday edition only)
- £14.99 per month for The Times iPad edition (Monday to Saturday editions)
- payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- your account will be charged for renewal within the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same cost as your chosen subscription
- you can manage your subscription via your iTunes account and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
- no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
- The Times and Sunday Times reserves the right to alter the pricing at any point
This app requires at least iOS 5.1.1. Background App Refresh must be switched on and the iPad connected to WiFi to ensure overnight delivery of the editions.
What's New in Version 4.3
What’s new in 4.3?
Following feedback we’ve made logging in a much simpler process.
Further stability and performance improvements for 64-bit devices.
Please note that we can't reply to comments in the App Store. Please contact us directly at email@example.com if you need help or want to give us feedback.
Appalling Customer Service
Apple subscribers beware! I have been subscribing for years and first week of September this year my access was blocked by a login screen. I could see the new front page in the newsstand each day, my subscription was active but I kept getting a message that the content could not be retrieved and to select restore, an option that didn't exist. I emailed the Times help desk who asked for my Times customer details (despite my explaining I subscribed via the App Store). I emailed the help desk several times and included screen shots of the login screen and messages to assist. All of which have been ignored and no emails received. Apple when contacted refunded my subscriptions and needless to say I have cancelled the automatic renewal.
I understand that Apps can have problems but dealing with the problem by ignoring customers is not a solution as they cancel their subscriptions. So as much as I enjoyed reading the Times I would avoid the app. It would appear that if you purchase via the App Store and have a problem you are on your own.
It is there for me when i wake at 4:30 wherever i am with wifi. It is so easy to read the bits that interest. It is fabulous to be able to draw extra from the internet. I was astonished to see the low rating and could only imagine that users were too engaged to review. It is The Times is a very comfortable format. My ipad is my music my mail my books my newspaper and from time to time my camera as well as my Google.
It's been worse!
Anyone who has had this app for a while, and can remember back to a couple of years ago, will recall just how bad it was, and how far it has come.
Overall it performs fairly well for me, but it appears that the latest app version has broken the ability to be able to share an article by email. Since I use this facility regularly, that it is now broken is irritating. Please fix!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: 26 August 2015
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 23.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Times Newspapers Limited
- Copyright © 2015 Times Newspapers Limited. The Times and The Sunday Times are registered trade marks of Times Newspapers Limited. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Sunday Times iPad edition£2.49
- The Times iPad edition£14.99
- The Times - 30 Day Subscription£15.99